41 - My New Teacher

Hello ! So sorry for the short break I took.. It's just a very busy time of the year. 

I'm going to update again tomorrow though, and on Saturday and then again on Sunday morning, all Christmas one-shots, so all requests are greatly appreciated ! 

"S-Stoppp." Harry laughed hysterically as Gemma tickled his tummy. "Nooo, don't stop." He whined when the girl did actually stop, going back to a giggling fit once she started again. 

"Right, we need to get dressed quickly. The bath was a little setback in our schedule." She announced, gathering Harry's clothes for the day and the changing supplies. The last thing she wanted to do was to make Harry late for school on the only day she was responsible to do so. Anne and Robin left last night to go on a weekend trip together since Gemma was actually free to babysit this weekend. 

"Why do I go to school, Gemmy?" Harry wondered, messing with his fingers as his sister taped a fresh nappy around his waist. "Everyone's mean there." 

"Well, you go to learn new things." She explained. "And if anyone's being mean, you need to tell someone and whe- ah-ah-ah." She tutted, catching the boy chewing on his fingers so she quickly pulled them out, replacing them with a dummy, just until it was time to leave the house. "And when you tell someone, they will put the meanies in the naughty corner." She finished getting the boy dressed before picking him up, and grabbing his dirty sheets in her free hand so she could toss them in the laundry before she drove the boy to school. 

"We won't have time for Peppa pig this morning." Gemma started, watching the boy's face start to crumple. "But, maybe Gemma will let you stay up a little past your bedtime tonight? You'll have to promise not to tell Mummy though." She watched the boy's sad expression turn into a very happy one, and he happily munched on his breakfast, doing a little dance each time he shoved a grape into his mouth. 

Much too soon the boy was strapped into his car seat, on his way to school. He held Gemma's hand tightly as she walked him into school and much to his dismay, there was a new teacher sitting behind the desk. Harry quite liked his teacher, she was so nice and she allowed him to stay in her classroom during lunch and during recess. Gemma said a quick goodbye, placing a kiss on the boy's cheek before sending him into the classroom. 

"Good morning class." The teacher clapped his hands together, and shortly the room was quiet. "My name is Mr. Tomlinson, but you can call me Louis." He smiled, turning around to write his name on the board. "I teach a couple of lessons at the Secondary school, but now I'm here to fill in for Miss Rosa this year." 

Harry quickly shot his hand up and Louis pointed at him to go on. "Um... where um, where's Miss Rosa?" He wondered, "She said she was having a baby but she would come back." He pouted, not to thrilled that this man would be here for the rest of the year. 

"Well, she will need a lot of time to have a baby, so she won't be back until the beginning of your year four." He explained, and Harry just nodded, pretending to understand. 

Louis turned out to be an okay teacher, slightly scary, but okay. He wasn't as understanding as Miss Rosa was, granted the man hadn't really been informed of the boy's condition, and at one point he got pretty annoyed with the boy's constant questions on things he had explained over twenty times. He was quick to apologize to the boy once he noticed the tears welling in his eyes, but it didn't look like it was enough. 

"Let's go over it again, yeah?" The man crouched down by Harry's desk, writing down the simple division question but Harry just pouted and stared blankly at the paper. "See, Lisa has fourteen apples, but she's going to share them with her friend. How many apples will each of them have if she divides them equally between the two of them?"