Training Day

Sarah's POV

In no time at all, we pulled up to the Triskelion, scanned our badges and were waved right through. Steve pulled into his reserved spot in the main garage and we climbed off. I gave him the helmet to stow away and he reached for my hand as we walk inside. I wasn't sure if I wanted everyone at Shield to know we were together, not with me being so new to the team and to the Triskelion.

Luckily my phone vibrated just then and I gently tugged my hand back, smiling apologetically as I dug in my pocket for my buzzing phone and sent a response as we walked to the elevator. I still had plenty of time to change into my catsuit and stop at my desk to check my email and grab my tablet and notes before opening the connecting door to Maria's office, only to find Steve already there, standing in front of her desk.

"Good morning Captain Rogers, Agent Hill." I trilled, turning back to Maria just in time to catch the amused glance she threw at a very flushed Steve, who was struggling to hide an appreciative smile.

"How do you like your new catsuits, Sarah? We made some minor modifications to the ones you used at Academy based on Agent Romanoff's recommendations. These ones are a lighter Kevlar weave with improved bulletproofing. It won't feel great if you get hit, but at least it shouldn't penetrate the suit. Captain Roger's new suit is also made of the same material."

I glanced over at Steve, who was wearing a tightly fitted dark navy blue stealth suit with his trademark white star and some white detailing. If anything, it made him even more attractive. Navy blue was a great color on him; it brought out the cobalt flecks in his eyes and made an excellent foil for his blond hair.

"Are you anticipating me jumping in front of bullets? I can assure you those I actively avoid." They laughed as I glanced down at my suit and inspected it closer. I was only looking at fit and mobility when I tried it on last week. I saw the clever pockets worked into the sleeves, the reinforced vambraces, and the hidden scabbards for various types of blades.

"It's great. This one is much more comfortable than my previous ones! Looks like I can fit most of my knives in this one!" I grinned excitedly, almost bouncing in happiness. Maria stood up to lead us to the morning briefing and I fell in beside her. She handed me a new earpiece and I fit it in my ear.

"It seems that Tony had been playing with a new prototype and neglected to tell IT that yesterday's coms weren't fully tested yet," she said by way of explanation.

"Uh-huh. Well that explains the faulty transmissions. Is Mr. Stark still trialing those today?"

"Not that I know of." Her expression made me think that if Tony knew what was good for him, Maria would be informed from now on – she didn't like unnecessary surprises.

Finally everyone showed up and I was assigned to Natasha for training and outfitting for the upcoming mission. Maria and Fury were flying out for the rest of the day. Tony wasn't there today, but no one really seemed surprised; he did have a business to run after all.

I followed Natasha, Clint and Steve to the training room. No one else raised an eyebrow at my catsuit; Natasha wore hers most of the time and I saw a lot of other female agents wearing them as we got closer to the training rooms.

Natasha let us into a large well lit studio. I walked around to check it out and started stretching while I strolled. Finding a stereo in the corner, I synced my phone to it and pulled up my workout playlist to get my mind in the game.

I moved over by the mirrors, using the barre to stretch my legs. I heard the music start and started into my favorite warm-up routine. Ballet flowed to capoeira to a random mix of other styles designed to efficiently warm up all of my muscles in turn. After about ten minutes, the music stopped and I sank into a split and moved into my stationary stretches. I looked around and the others were just standing there watching me, including Tony, who I hadn't noticed come in. Steve and Tony were watching me closely, but Clint was focused on Natasha. I kinda got the impression they were more than 'just friends.'