Warning

Sarah's POV

Half an hour later, we were walking to the dining room, Ward following us as we walked arm in arm together chattering easily. We were all dressed to impress in outfits that highlighted our better features. My halter top was low cut and showed my toned midriff. My skater skirt barely covered my ass, showing off my long legs. Bobbi had found the sexiest underwear in my drawer for me to wear under it.

Bobbi's outfit was similar, a racerback bra-like top that came down to the end of her ribs and her skirt was just a little longer, almost fingertip length. Nadia was stunning in a sleeveless tight white polo shirt that tied under her breasts and a pleated skirt that was just as short as mine - reminding me of early Britney Spears music videos.

The men were just coming into the room as we arrived. We scattered, going over to our respective males. Clint gave me an appreciative look and ran his hand down the side of my face.

"You look stunning today, 'Ria. I'm proud that you're mine." He smiled, holding my eyes.

"You're always proud of me, Ronin." I grinned as I leaned up against him and stretched up for a kiss.

"True." He kissed me again. "Very true." He ran his hand down my back and stepped back to guide me to the table. Bobbi maneuvered Hunter over so he was seated on my other side and I noticed Khan's moue of disappointment that he wasn't able to get closer to me. He settled across the table from us as the servants brought in the first course. I looked over and saw that Vidente was talking quietly with Nadia, so I turned to Clint.

"How was the tour?"

"Quite interesting. I'm impressed with the size of this base. We should be able to land the package quite close by if the weather holds. There's a large tropical storm blowing in from the east; it's not supposed to hit near here, but it may delay our delivery for a day or two."

"Nadia said Shah is supposed to get here today."

"Excellent. He should beat the storm then. I haven't seen him in ages." The gleam in his eye was decidedly bloodthirsty and I quirked a brow at him. He shook his head and looked over at Khan, who had just asked Hunter a question.

We conversed amicably throughout the leisurely meal; the men bragging about their various good deals and trying to one-up each other. I had to remember to be 'helpless Maria' and hang on Clint's every word, saying the right things at the right times. Most of the stuff he was talking about was before my supposed time with him, so it wasn't hard to feign interest in his stories. He was a good storyteller, but then this was also the most I'd ever heard him talk about himself, to be honest.

I had the feeling that most of Hunter's stories were actually true, just repackaged for a non-Shield audience. Clint and Hunter had actually worked together enough that they could take turns telling parts of stories, which I hadn't known they could do. I was learning there was a lot more to Clint than I'd suspected, which confirmed that he, like Natasha, was a master assassin of a caliber I only hoped to reach eventually.

Vidente's stories told of his brutal rise to power in the area until he earned his moniker by being able to predict his enemies movements and counter-strike with minimal losses to his forces. If the stories were true, and I felt they were, he would bear watching. He was intelligent, ruthless, and commanded loyalty easily; a modern warlord – not someone to underestimate.

Khan's stories, on the other hand, painted him as more of a businessman who let his men do the fighting for him. He didn't wear any visible marks of his violent lifestyle in the way that Hunter, Clint and Vidente did. He was soft, reminding me of a politician or the son of a rich man, used to getting his way by either threatening or taking what he wanted.