The Right Partner

Warning: Smut!!!

*        *       *

Sarah's POV

I unlocked my door and went inside, taking the bags with me into my bedroom. I tossed them on my bed - none of this stuff was really for tonight; I needed a little time to figure out how they worked first. I stripped and got into the shower, letting the hot water relax me.

I'd had a lot of fun shopping with Natasha tonight - even if it wasn't the normal kind of shopping. I'd vented to her earlier this week about my frustration with Steve's stubbornness. Natasha had been quite amused by my sexual frustration, which was why we'd planned this impromptu shopping trip tonight after she'd texted me to say Steve was going out for drinks with Clint.

It was harder now for me than it'd been before Clint and I had been in Brazil. I'd gotten a taste of what intimacy felt like and I missed that feeling. Before, I hadn't had a solid idea of what I wanted from Steve, I was just happy to spend time with him. 

Now I knew I wanted a physical relationship, too. Part of my frustration stemmed from the fact that I'd went from intense stimulation several times a day to not doing anything other than kissing and mild petting. Natasha said I was going through withdrawal, for lack of a better description.

I stepped out of the shower and dried off before picking out one of the halter top and thong sets that I'd worn in Brazil. I put it on and looked in the mirror and blushed, suddenly understanding why Clint had liked these so much. They hinted at everything they covered until you got closer and could actually see through them. I put on my light sweater and grabbed my phone and keys before I headed over to Steve's.

He was still in the shower, so I switched out my laundry and started a new load. I walked into the bedroom and plugged my phone in, taking off my light sweater and setting it on the chair. I turned on the bedside lamp and flicked off the overhead lights. The CVS bag from earlier was on the bed, and I peeked inside to see what he'd bought that had made him so embarrassed earlier; his flush had been obvious to me since I could see in the dark.

I smiled to myself when I saw what was inside: a wide assortment of condoms and lubes.  I made a mental note to thank Clint later - I was certain that this was his doing. Steve wouldn't have bought them on his own; I wasn't totally sure he even knew what condoms were, now that I thought about it...and I could see totally Clint telling Steve that he needed them without telling him what they were for.

I opened a random package and put it in the nightstand drawer on my side, along with one of the bottles of lube that said for her. The rest I left in the bag and set it on Steve's desk. I'd made a plan of action, so I sat down on the bed, intending to catch Steve before he could get dressed. I usually got further if I surprised him than if I waited until we were both in bed.

I heard the water turn off and a couple minutes later, Steve came walking into the bedroom, a towel wrapped around his hips. His eyes widened as I stood up and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and going up on my toes to kiss him. He tasted like whiskey, I determined as I stroked his tongue with mine.

He put one arm around me and I ran my hands over his toned body, pushing the towel off of his hips and taking his other hand and putting it on my ass. I deepened the kiss, backing him up until his legs met the bed. I pushed at him and he sat down suddenly, pulling me with. I boldly climbed into his lap, straddling his hips.

*      *          *

Steve's POV