Guy Talk Part 2

Steve's POV

"So what did you really want to talk about tonight that you didn't want Nat or Sarah to hear?" Clint asked, filling his glass again.

I felt my face flush. "Guy stuff. I'd feel really weird asking any female about prophylactics." Clint raised an eyebrow, but gestured for me to continue. "Not that it still isn't weird enough to talk about it at all, but I figured you were probably the easiest person to ask once I thought about it."

"Bruce?"

I shook my head. "Not convinced he has much more experience than I do. Would you ask Bruce about sex?"

"Shit, no! You're right. Tony's out, too. That's a whole different level of weirdness there since Sarah's his only daughter."

"You're telling me. We've already had the awkward dad/boyfriend conversation when we first started dating." I drained my glass and Clint did the same. He filled our glasses again and leaned back against the bench cushion, considering me for a long minute.

"So I have to ask this to know where to start. I'm assuming you're both still virgins if we're having this particular conversation." I nodded and he continued. "Sarah told me she was when we were leaving for Brazil, which made things a little more challenging, just so you know."

I held up a hand and shook my head, "Not sure I really want to know anything about Brazil, Clint."

He shrugged. "Mostly nothing to know; I didn't want you to kill me when we got back for touching your girl."

"What you have to do for a mission is different. You have to do things so everyone comes home; I get that. I would never hold that against either of you." I didn't want to think about it, but I understood.

"If you'd ask her," Clint said, holding my eyes, "she'd tell you the same thing I would. It was some kissing, petting, and touching - we did very little, actually; it sounded like a lot more than it really was for the audio bugs and it would've looked real from the cameras, but it wasn't. We showered together, but that was mostly so we could sign to each other. It was the only place in our suite that didn't have a camera in it."

I relaxed a little bit. I hadn't asked Sarah about it yet because I had been afraid to hear her answer. Clint's way at looking at things was unique, but I could tell he wasn't bullshitting me, he'd already drank enough that his inhibitions were almost non-existent.

"We haven't really done a lot yet. I know she wants to, I just...don't want to rush things." I could feel my cheeks flush and Clint was watching my reaction.

"Look, Steve, I get that and I respect you for it." He took another drink while he decided what to say. "The point is, because of Brazil, she now knows there's more to it than what you've been doing - sorry, that wasn't my intention, but the cat's out of the bag there."

I gave him a puzzled look. "I'm not sure what you're talking about."

Clint sighed. "So from what I got from Sarah is that you've finally moved past second base?"

"Why are you talking about baseball?" I frowned, still not sure what he was saying. I didn't understand the connection between Sarah and baseball, especially since she was indifferent about it.

Clint smiled, enjoying my confusion. "Because baseball is sometimes used as analogy for sex."

"I don't know what second base is," I admitted; my face felt beet red and my ears were burning.

"Shit! You are a freaking teenage boy, Steve! I'm going to introduce you to porn later just to complete your education." Clint drained his glass and refilled it before starting his explanation. "Okay, so first base is making out - I know you're past that one, I've seen you kissing."