20 Questions

Sarah's POV

I swiped my way into the lab a half hour later, unsure of my reception. Steve was clearly relieved I'd come back; Natasha had probably been interrogating him since I left. 

"What did you decide, Captain?" I asked as he came to a halt in front of me.

"You're staying on this team," he said with a small smile. "Unanimous vote. So where did you go? You took off pretty fast."

"Just down to the cafeteria," I shrugged. "I have a high metabolism and all that exercise made me hungry." 

I plopped down in the open seat next to Bruce, who was currently studying my genetic panel results; I wasn't surprised to see that I'd been officially classified at some point; the word 'Enhanced' prominently displayed in red in the upper right corner. I pointed out a couple specific things for him to tag and left him to it.

Tony was watching some of my holo-trainer footage with Clint on a different screen. 

"So you can learn any fighting style just by watching it?" Clint asked distractedly.

"Yup, but I learn faster by doing. It takes me a couple hours sometimes, depending on how complicated it is. I had a lot of different teachers when I was younger."

 I wandered over to where Natasha was tapping away at a holo. "So am I done playing 20 questions yet?"

"Not even close," she grinned. "So spill it, Evans. What's between you and Rogers?"

"What's between you and Clint?"

"We're partners."

I raised one eyebrow, doubting the simplicity of that statement. "Talk to him."

"I did."

"Then we're good."

"You're not getting off that easy, Evans." She crooked her finger at Steve, who was watching us from across the room. He shook his head and she gave him a look. I guess he knew what that meant, so he made his way over to us.

"Yes?" He crossed his arms.

"I'm getting to the bottom of this now. What's between you and Evans?"

"Nothing."

If anything, Natasha's grin got wider. "Doesn't look like nothing to me."

"Why do you want to know?"

"Steve," she warned.

"Fine. We're just interested in getting to know each other better."

"You're a terrible liar, Steve."

"Tell me something I don't already know."

"Okay then - you'd better claim her before Tony tries to; I think he's got a soft spot for her."

 Steve's jaw clenched and he shot Tony a dark look. Tony was studiously ignoring us, but I would bet my bottom dollar he was hanging on every word. Clint was smirking, so I made a rude sign at him, which made him laugh.    

"Yeah," I said. "It's called broken ribs."

"<That's like saying you like him in man speak.>" Natasha switched to Russian.

 "<Sorry for my rustiness. But, yeah - no. Not into him; I can't compete with his mirror and he's old enough to be my dad,>" I replied.

 "<Ouch! Burn, baby. I can't deny the truth in that statement.>"

"< You know, Steve's technically old enough to be your grandpa, right?>" Clint added, making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"<Biologically, true. Physically, I'd put him as early twenties.>"