Jet skis

Steve's POV
    I figured Sarah's parents must have gotten here when she disappeared. I hadn't known her friends were coming with, so that was a pleasant surprise. Chloe was so excited to be here I was amazed she wasn't hyperventilating. I intended to shake her hand, but she hugged me instead. I returned it, careful to not squeeze her too hard. I didn't have to be as careful with Sarah as I did others. "I didn't know you guys were coming up today." I let go of Chloe and she gave me a huge grin after seeing my shirt, which matched her and Jace's as well.

    "Nice shirt, big guy," she patted my arm as I let go of her. "We always get together for the holidays, Steve. That's what they're for!"

    I snorted and Sarah drew her away to introduce her to the rest of the team. I turned to Jace with a grin. "It's great to see you again, Jace." I said as I clasped hands with him, clapping him on the back. Jace gave me a mischievous smile that was familiar to me. Bucky used to give me that same grin before saying something outlandish.

    "I take it you didn't know we were coming? You take surprises pretty well for an old guy."

    "Hah – you've met Sarah, I don't need to explain any further than that. I knew Sarah's parents were coming because she wanted them to meet Tony, but she didn't say anything about you guys."

    "Nice shirt, Steve."

    "You too. Sarah's doing?" I raised an eyebrow.

    "Mine. We always get matching Cap shirts for every 4th. My whole family is weird like that. We get to skip the family reunion this year, though, since everyone was there for my graduation a month ago. Wanna come to the next family holiday? The twins are going to be unbearable when they find out I got to hang out with you and they didn't."

    "When's that?"

    "Thanksgiving. We usually go on a short trip for Labor Day, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to miss out this year."

    "I'll talk to Sarah, but I'm sure that it probably isn't a problem."

    "She's usually there too for part of the day, along with her folks if her mom isn't working. She doesn't have any other family nearby."

    "I see. I had wondered, but I assumed that was the case since she never talks about them. Ready to meet the rest of my team?" We turned to

    "Am I ever! I hear you're going to learn how to water ski today." The crooked grin was back and I laughed. I missed Bucky like crazy today of all days, but it helped, having Jace and Sarah here.

    I introduced Jace to everyone else. Chloe had decided that Bruce was the safest one to sit next to because she was perched next to him chattering his ear off, so I left him for last. Natasha gave Jace a long enigmatic look, but greeted him politely. Clint was his normal easygoing self. Bruce was intrigued, having already known of Jace's physical similarity to Bucky. I had talked to him about it when I had gotten back from Sarah's parent's house after that weekend.

    Sarah had went back over to her parents and they were all coming this way now.

    "The caterer is done setting up the rest of the food in the kitchen to keep it cooler, so lets get our plates and bring them out here to eat. Bruce, is the meat ready to come off the grill?"

    "Yes. I just need something to put it on."

    "Excellent. Mario is sending someone to take care of it right now. Let's eat."

* * *

Sarah's POV
    As we headed into the house my mom put her hand on my arm. "I forgot the cookies in the car, Sarah. I made them last night."