Chapter 4

"Mum, stop fussing." I tell her from the back of the car. We're finally pulling into the drive way of the address that Uncle Jihoon gave me yesterday and whilst it's only been a fifteen minutes drive, it's felt like an age due to her constant worry.

Are we dressed correctly? Yes, he said casual plus they're not really going to care.
Are we on time? Yes, if not early due to the half an hour early we left despite knowing it wasn't going to take that long.
Are we going to the correct place? Yes, it's what Uncle Jihoon told us on the piece of paper and if it's wrong, there's nothing we can do about it.
Am I going to be rude? In front of a whole bunch of kpop idols - never. Besides, I have impeccable manners.
Does she look alright? Yes, just casual jeans and a tshirt like uncle Jihoon said.

I could go on, but I really can't be bothered.

"I can't help it Rae. I'm not choosing to panic." she says, just as my dad takes the left turn on the path. It reveals a large two storey structure, virtually all glass with the occasional piece of smooth, grey concrete to hold it all in place.

"I always knew your brother was a lucky bastard." my dad jokes.

"Jesus Christ, can I move in here please?" I ask in awe.

"I think I might be joining you." my mum laughs as my dad switches off the engine.

I leap out, taking my bag with me - containing an iPad, book, phone and in ear headphones - before heading up the path to the front door. Opposite the house I spot a four door garage with three black vans and a car parked outside. I turn my attention back to the house however as the door is flung open and uncle Jihoon engulfs me in a large hug before I even have the chance to knock. My mum approaches and he does the same to her before leading us inside - my dad never was one for hugs.

"Hey, Hyunwoo, Sejun. Come out here." my uncle says. We're in a large open foyer with a doorway through to a kitchen straight ahead, a lounge to the left and then a corridor to the right with a staircase in the middle of it all. Two other middle aged men appear from the kitchen, bowing to us in greeting so we do the same back.

"Hello, I'm Hyunwoo, known as Manager Kim to the boys." the taller one introduces himself. He seems slightly younger than the one that must be Sejun and my uncle.

"Hi, I'm Sejun. Nice to meet you although you'll probably here the boys call me Manager Lee." he smiles. He's the tallest of the three managers but the way he approaches us makes it seem like whilst he's older than Hyunwoo, he's younger than Uncle Jihoon.

"Lovely to meet you both," my mum replies, "I'm Jiyoung and this is my husband Owen and daughter Raven."

"Hi." my dad says, moving to shake their hands.

"You were the girl that was walking out of school the other day with Chenle." Hyunwoo muses, more a question than anything else.

"Um, yeah. We had history together and we were talking so..." I say awkwardly.

"Anyway, Ji, Owen, do you want to come into the kitchen with us - we're still cooking it and all. Rae follow me." Uncle Jihoon says, motioning for me to come with him as he approaches the lounge area while the other two take my parents into the kitchen with them.

There are several large sofas plus a huge tv and a couple of book cases shoved up against the wall. Three of the walls are made almost entirely of glass, giving a beautiful view out over the garden which contains a large patio and pool. From here, you can see into the forest as well as a little bit of the rest of the house, such as the second storey balcony.

"Boys, this is Raven. You know, my niece that was coming for dinner." Uncle Jihoon says, capturing my attention. "Rae, meet Kun, Yukhei, Johnny and Hansol."