Chapter 14

"Come on Raven" Jeno groans, banging on the door to my changing room.

Today, I'm shopping with some of the NCT members both for Christmas presents and my SM Christmas party outfit. So far, we've visited three shops though none of the dresses were appropriate - too short, too revealing, too serious, too long, too bright, too over the top, etc, etc. In total, I've tried nearly fifteen dresses which, whilst not seeming a lot, truly is exhausting.

"Jeez, no need to be so impatient" I grumble back, checking myself over in the mirror one last time. I've finally found one that I like, a short dress falling to my mid thigh which is made of a silver-grey velvet. It has a neck that covers my chest and is sleeveless, instead with a collar forming around my neck which isn't too tight. In comparison to all the others I've tried on, this is my favourite one. I think it suits me.

Pulling back the changing room door, I walk out to meet the boys. It's Jeno, Chenle, Jaehyun, Yukhei and Haechan that greet me when I reach the centre of the shop. The five boys that came. Then there's also my uncle, standing around ready to pay for whichever dress I choose with the company credit card before we move onto the fun shopping.

The moment they turn to look at me, their faces break into huge grins. When I look to see the shop assistants, they're also smiling and just to make sure, I check my uncle's expression and he couldn't look happier. Lucky, since it's a relatively small shop, there's nobody else in here otherwise I'd have to check their faces too.

"I think Raven, you may have found your dress" Jaehyun muses.
"The thing is though, whilst we all like it, do you?" Haechan checks, for once becoming serious.
"In honesty, I love it" I reply, not being able to hold back a slight giggle.
"Well then, if you get changed again, we can pay and start the other stuff." My uncle tells me.
"Finally" I reply, turning back around and heading into the changing rooms.

Carefully, I take the dress off of me, placing it on its hanger before unfolding my clothes. I pull on a pair of tight jeans alongside a tshirt and one of my baggy sweaters over the top. Then, I push my feet into my converse before tying the laces and picking up my bag, unlocking the changing room door and grabbing the dress to take out to all of them.

Once we've paid, my uncle leads us all back to the van before we hop in. He drives us to one of the big malls - one of the main areas of shopping in Seoul with the Coex artium nearby. I've made a vow to drag them there later on. He's parked in the underground car park alongside a lot of other vehicles. On the way here, he gave us multiple instructions such as 'stick together', 'always trying stay in the same shop as each other', 'if you can't see the others call me' etc. That means the five boys and I are meant to be together at all times with my uncle shepherding us around. I especially need to stay near him because he's the one paying for the presents for my friends since I have barely any money. It was always an arrangement between my parents and I that they'd pay for my friends birthday presents whilst I had to get their Christmas presents. However, since it's a special trip, I want to get them something equally as special so my uncle has agreed to pay. Kind of him.

Immediately, we hit one of the numerous men's clothing stores leaving me standing around bored out of my mind. Then again, that's what they would've felt like in the dress shops. I pull out my phone, scrolling through Instagram and checking the conversations on the messaging app my friends and I use. Not much has happened, just the normal conversations about whatever drama a couple of them are watching.

"Hey, Rae" Chenle calls, catching my attention. "What do you think of this?" He asks me, challengingly raising his eyebrows at me. He's wearing a great think parka jacket with a large hoodie with fluff on the rim whilst also sporting a snapback worn in the most awkward way possible. I'm sniggering to myself as I reply, pulling up the camera up on my phone to snap a photo.
"It's an interesting look. I'd maybe leave the coat but if you wore the hat properly, it might suit you" I tell him.
"Are you telling me that this coat doesn't look good on me?" He teases in answer.
"Pretty much" I nod causing him to turn his expression into one of offence.
"Rude although I'll take your advice. Just remember that I'll get you back." He warns.
"Yeah, yeah" I say with a wave of my hand as he wonders off to pay for the hat.