Chapter 30

"Raven, come with me. You've got a meeting this morning with Lee Soo Man." Manager Hong orders, pulling me in a different direction to the rest of nct and the girls I'm with.

We're at the training centre the morning after our performance last night. At the news though, my insides twist with questions rushing through my mind. What's it about? Why only me? Am I in trouble?

"Don't panic, everything's fine." she reassures noticing the look on my face. "In honesty, I'm surprised the girls haven't told you yet."she laughs lightly.

"What do you mean?" I inquire, curiosity growing.

"Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough." she tells me, leading me into the lifts where she presses the button to the top floor where the offices and meeting rooms are.

After a minute of silence, we disembark with her leaving me to wait outside Lee Soo Man's office for a while. When I do however get called in, the door opening and another person rushing out, I see Lee Soo Man positioned at his desk, looking out across the city below until I cough awkwardly, reminding him I'm here.

With a flurry, he twists around to face me, a smile on his face. "I watched your performance last night and I want to congratulate you. Incredible, and it's obvious the amount of work you've put in. I admire that which is why I have a proposal for you. And in honesty, you'd be stupid to turn it down."

"Now, to get this cleared up, we have a schedule already worked out so it won't clash with school too much; just a week before you break up for your summer holidays, another week at May half term and obviously the extra week out of school after Easter. You won't miss much since we appreciate education is important. We have the song and majority of it worked out, most of the routine choreographed so pretty much everything is prepared." He blurts, as If forgetting that I have no idea what he's talking about.

He phrases his next words carefully though, delivering them slowly. "Raven, how would you like to debut?"

"Excuse me?"

"Would you like to debut?" He repeats.

"Well, of course I would." I answer with a large grin.

"We appreciate that it's a big step, especially as you still live abroad, but we can make it work. Preparations will begin immediately and you'll be working even harder up until then, particularly these three weeks as you'll be learning the choreo, the song and working alongside all the girls for the first time" he explains.

"Of course" I grin.

"Well then, good luck. Just remember all that's at stake for this. It won't be a unit of NCT either but instead a completely separate girl group. At the moment, we're heading towards 6AM for your name, just to make you aware, but we're not sure at the moment. That has yet to be decided." Mr Lee adds on.

"Ok, thank you, Sir" I tell him, standing up out of my chair.

"Oh, and one last thing, you've got performances tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday" he grins.

"Thanks" I reply, opening the door and shutting it behind me.

"Oh my god!" I squeal when I'm just out of earshot.

"I assume you've just found out?" My uncle chuckles, coming down the corridor towards me as he approaches his own office.

"You knew?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yup, he had to clear it with me first since I'm your legal guardian and all" he tells me, unlocking the door to his office.