Chapter 31

"Come on Rae! Hurry up." Herin groans from her seat on the sofa.

"Jeez, give me a second. It's not my fault you demanded popcorn." I reply, rolling my eyes as I carrying several large bowls out from the kitchen and into the living room.

Before me, it's a bit of a zoo. All the boys are here - strange, right, considering it's their dorm - with the girls dotted in amongst them. They're spread out amongst the sofas with the over flow of the rest lying around on the floor. Tonight is a big event after all.

I hand one bowl of popcorn to the nct members gathered around in one corner of the room, then another to the 99-00 liners gathered in the middle with the girls before I eventually sit down on the space reserved on the 01-02 liners sofa between Chenle and Herin. It's quite funny how we've managed to basically separate ourselves according to age order even when we don't have to.

"Oh my god! It's you!" Herin squeals in my ear as the opening scene begins.

"And what about the rest of us?" Jeno laughs.

"You're not important. You don't belong in our group so we don't care about you." Ningning teases back, poking her tongue out.

"Yes but Rae cares." Jisung smiles back.

"No, I don't." I reply, joining in the teasing.

"Hey, if you guys don't shut up then we're going to switch the tv off!" Yuta tells us, throwing some popcorn at us for extra effect.

In case you're wondering, it's the airing of the first episode of the reality documentary. Not only is it being shown on v live but also on one of the various mnet channels as a result of SM managing to secure a deal for it to be broadcast on an official channel. Quite exciting.

We quieten down after that, the screen displaying the interviews we did at the start of filming that enable to audience to learn more about us as people. It's quite funny, seeing the differences between the way the boys act on screen and off considering I now know what was happening on the other side of that camera.

We all appear well mannered in order to maintain our appearance, smiling and laughing not when we're meant to. I can remember being forced to keep the smile on my face the entire time so that when we went home, I thought it'd be glued there. Luckily it wasn't, though I certainly need to work on my facial muscles in future.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you actually filmed that!" Jaemin laughs, referencing Chenle and I on the plane where we were mucking around, pulling strange faces. When I glance over at Chenle besides me, his look is that of pure embarrassment.

"Of course I did. They wanted to show the 'real' us and it's SM's fault for actually including it in the programme." I retort.

It slowly progresses. This episode is just on our last day in Seoul, including things like packing and our last meal with the rest of the members. It shows us waiting to board our flight, the mischief we got up to in the airport as well as on the plane, and then on the minibus back to our house. There's a small advert break then, several of the boys popping to the loo since they drank to much coke.

"What do you think so far?" Chenle mutters, reaching over me to grab a handful of popcorn but barely comes away with any.
"That I'm going to have to get some more food." I laugh, pulling myself off the couch and taking the bowl out of Herin's hands.

When I come back, this time the bowl full of crisps, I settle back down between Chenle and Jisung since some of them seem to have switched positions. It's the second half of the episode though it'll just be the length of a normal one - since they wanted to attract viewers and do something special, they decided to make the first episode an hour instead of half an hour.