Chapter 13

I'm walking through the corridors the next morning with my uncle and Yukhei. I went to be early last night with the excuse of jet lag though in truth I just wanted some rest in preparation for today. I woke up at 7:30 this morning thanks to the rest of the girls in the dorm and their schedule before coming to the normal sm building with the boys. Yukhei doesn't have practice for another hour so he's going to run everything through with me once again whilst my uncle goes up to the offices. Then he'll come back to take me to where I'm meeting Mr Lee. We have it all planned out.

We reach the same practice room as yesterday, my uncle having waved goodbye as we exited the lift. He takes me through the routines for Playing with Fire and Firetruck before singing the Gotta Be You, by One Direction, and Try by Jimin Park. We warm up together - both our minds and bodies and slowly work our way through the hour.

Five minutes before time is up, we stop and he gives me a few tips on what to do and tells me to brush my hair through and such like - it wouldn't make a good impression if I turned up to an audition looking like I'd made no effort.

Finally my uncle arrives as we bid goodbye to Yukhei though he soon follows us out of the practice room. The difference being that he goes deeper into the maze of corridors whilst my uncle and I turn back towards the lift.

"Are you nervous?" He asks.
"Slightly but then again, who wouldn't be?" I reply with a nervous smile.
"Don't be. You'll be fine and if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out" my uncle shrugs, trying to reassure me.
"I guess"
"Come on" he motions as the lift doors open. He takes my back from me, forcing me to give it to him. He then, after passing multiple doors, reaches one on which he knocks.
"You're not coming in?" I question as he opens the door.
"I have things I need to do, you'll be fine without me. Good luck" he whispers before announcing my arrival to throws inside.

"Come in" a voice I recognise as Lee Soo Man calls so I step past my uncle, bowing to those inside.
"Hello Mr Lee" I greet.
"Raven, now, as with all auditions, I won't be the only one on the panel - I'm rarely on them in fact. So say hello to Kai and Chen as well as one of our instructors Mr Kang" He replies.

It's only then that I realise he's not the only one in here and it is, in fact, some of the exo members. Holy hell, they're judging me? To be part of their company? God bless me.

"You look like you've been warming up and such so I don't think there's any need for that but we do need to know what you'll be doing. Two dances and one song if that's alright?" Mr Lee explains.
"Yeah, absolutely fine. So I'm dancing to Blackpink's Playing with Fire and NCT's Firetruck but singing a Jimin Park song called Try." I reply confidently.
"Ok, let's do this. Kang, can you put the music on? We'll start with Playing with Fire and work our way through them" Mr Lee instructs.

I get in position, the music begins to play and so I start my dance. It's non stop with a thirty second break between the two songs I'm dancing too. After that, I get a little more time as they find an instrumental version of Try, meaning that I get a chance to run over the lyrics once again.

Over all however, it's done in fifteen minutes. They congratulate me at the end though I'm nervous due to all of the notes they've been taking throughout. I mean, I've just sung in front of one of SM's biggest vocals. And let's not forget danced in front of one of their main dancers. Someone call a doctor. I'm about to faint.

"Raven, if you'd like to wait outside, we need to discuss a few things and then we'll be right back to you" Mr Lee tells me, so I do as asked.

I think back through what I did and I can't remember any major mistakes. All I know is that I tried my best and, in honesty, it doesn't necessarily matter either way. Yes, it'll be an amazing opportunity but the logistics of it may not work out even if I do get it. I mean, I may have to move away from all my friends and the world I've known growing up. Then again, so did half the people here - Herin for example.