Chapter one

© DECEMBER 2016 BLACKDYNAMITE99 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

THE CHARACTERS AND STORYLINE WERE CREATED BY ME. NO PART OF THIS BOOK IS ALLOWED TO BE REPRODUCED. IF SEEN REPORT TO THE AUTHOR.

......................................................

"Andrea!" I raised my voice higher than hers to effectively interrupt my best friend's rapidly fired words mixed with loud wails. There was a sharp intake of breath on her end and then an even sharper exhale.

My lips twitched at the humorous way she took a breather. "Honey, you need to calm down. I can't get a word you're saying with all the sobbing." I held my phone to my ear as I shouldered past a slowly exiting couple to get into the cafe.

I'd to swallow down my irritation. I guess they are too engrossed in laughing while looking into each other's eyes to notice that some of us want to walk through the same door.

"Meet me at our favorite cafe. I will wait for you before heading to the store and then, we can talk."

I sighed heavily after cutting the call. From a few mangled words, I got that the reason for her tears was her boyfriend of two years, Derek. According to Andrea, he was a nice guy. I had met him a few times and we have talked even fewer times so I wouldn't call us friends. We were barely acquaintances since we had never really had a conversation. All we had ever really exchanged were small talk and polite smiles when we saw.

Andrea also had the tendency to exaggerate problems, so, it might not be a problem worth crying for but, I had to deal with this because it's Andrea and she was like a sister to me.

If I had a problem she would surely be there for me as she always was. The amount of times she had helped me were uncountable and I was eternally grateful to her. We always tried to be there for each other as much as we could and this time was one of those times.

I strolled deeper into the cafe and noticed how it wasn't as crowded as usual. The cafe was kind of empty for a Monday morning, even with the fifteen or so people already within.

Spotting a vacant table for three facing the door, I walked towards it. I chose that space mainly so I could see Andrea once she entered the cafe. I ordered a strawberry and banana smoothie to keep myself busy while waiting for Andrea.

As I sipped my drink, I found my mind drifting to thoughts of how I was going to survive yet another day — while staring off into space, lost in my musings.

I distantly heard footsteps approaching and thinking it was Andrea, I didn't bother to check and said, "So, what did Derek do this time?" At the same time a male voice asked, "Please may I join you?"

I looked up to see a man obviously older than my twenty-one years old self by say maybe four years. He might be older or younger though. He was tall, blond and handsome in a nice guy kind of way.

I glanced around us and saw a lot of vacant tables. I looked back at the man with a frown and stared in confusion, while also trying to think up a polite way to say no.

"A friend of mine is on her way so..." I finally said with a deepening frown.

Even with my decline, he didn't seem to get the hint and took a seat anyways. "Oh, don't worry. I'll be leaving soon, anyways." His tone was light as he sat down.

"I'll get straight to the point because of your glare and frown. First of all, I'm not here for whatever you might be thinking."

My frown disappeared and I stopped glaring at him but I kept my face bland. I didn't want to encourage him in anyway. If he wasn't here to annoy me then he deserved a chance to be heard but the second he says anything irritating...