Chapter sixty-three

“It's really great how everything is finally over but I hope this really brings his sister out. She has made her family suffer enough, though I'm scared she may be more scared to come out now because she might guess that he found out.” Andrea continued to speculate and air her views after we just finished watching Kyle's interview again.

I on the other hand was grinning because I liked all he said. He was genuine and though some part of me still faults him a little for throwing my life into upheaval, I knew I still liked Kyle and thought of him as a person more than a acquaintance but not quite a friend. Yet.

He had let the steam from knowing the truth about the real person sending the texts blow over before he called me. He'd been so cautious and remorseful in speech that I'd just had to tell him the truth that I'd really forgiven him.

He'd still apologized continuously and then said even though it may sound false, he took me as a friend though he'd have to work on making me feel the same.

Xander on his own end had come to me two days after the revelation. We'd discussed different things like his lies to Caden and ‘advices’ that still irritated me. We'd both called a truce at the end though. Mainly because we both thought holding a grudge would be stupid.

He'd informed me that though Kyle was now speaking to him and they were working together to find Allison, Caden still wasn't talking to him still and then had asked about I and Caden which I'd given him the truth.

I'd no idea.

That thought was sobering but I knew I was getting an answer soon enough. Either good or bad. I would still have an answer and result unlike Kyle who had to wait to see what happened next.

I wasn't sure if it would work either but I hoped it will and that was what I told Kyle when I called him to show my support immediately after seeing the interview.

The interview had been all about an exposè about Allison Peterson. It had been confirmed by him that she ran away from home. With no contacts from her since then but that sometimes life gets suffocating for people and that his sister had every right to distance herself from them but not make them worry and miss her everyday since she left.

It was amazing how he seemed to go from scolding to remorseful to revealing secrets in a way that only his sister and us that know the story would understand. He said he knew people would speculate and some would blame his sister but that wherever she is with her story, she may be forced to come out.

I just hoped she was still alive though I never said it but I knew we all thought it inside of us, even Kyle.

Well, in the interview he also apologized for not been a good enough brother. And though the interviewer continuously tried to tell him not to take the blame, he still said what he had to say. He had talked about doing so many stupid things in his younger years. Following friends that he took more than his sister whereas they weren't worth being called friends at the end.

We all knew he was talking about only Devon but the interviewer didn't and had asked but Kyle had deflected the question.

He'd just said he neglected his sister’s needs and never really spent time with her but rather let himself be led astray and hurt a lot of people.

Some mistakes he would never be able to correct nor was he the cause but he was really sorry to have been a perpetrator in them.

That was for me and I appreciated it.

He'd ended up sending a message to his sister — if she saw it or not — by saying that he'd found some of her personal things some months ago and those things made him miss his sister more and to want to make amends. Then that she would always be allowed with open arms.