Chapter twenty-four

It felt like it had been years rather than weeks since I started my store officially. I had someone who helped with sales, an assistant and there was the online sales. The feedback had been astonishing and I was beyond pleased with this point in my life.

I was too busy to have depressing thoughts, even though I still had my moments. It was not as much as before, I was also free from regular nightmares because I was always too tired when I slept to have those. They still came once in awhile when I was stressed but I knew to take my pills then.

Sitting at my desk in my office in the store, I thought of something that had been plaguing my thoughts. Or in truth, someone, Caden.

We had both been so busy that we hadn't talked or seen each other since that afternoon, the one that was full of surprise statements and offers. He was moving from one place to another for meetings but that didn't excuse the fact he hadn't called me, not even once since we talked.

I know that it was my rule not to call unnecessarily but the anticipation was driving me crazy. I wanted to just know if he was still interested or not.

I had replayed our last conversation so many times in my head that at some point, I'd  had to acknowledge the fact that I had a problem. I always told myself to not think too much of it but I always found myself going back to thinking about him and our deal. It was his fault though as I hadn't seen or heard from him for two weeks now.

My major problem was that doubts were beginning to cloud my thoughts because I had my doubts about having a relationship with Caden. I had planned at first that the next time I saw him, I would back out and inform him that I was no longer interested—But I knew I was just deceiving myself since I couldn't stop thinking of the last thing that happened before I left his house that day to take a cab home.

I continued to look at Caden as I realized that it was really something he had planned. He looked like he really had me where he wanted me. I almost rejected his offer right then but I knew deep in my heart that I really wanted to see how all this would work out.

But if Caden really planned this then I was in trouble because he didn't seem like this was odd at all. He even looked relaxed. I was in trouble if he planned using the massage to seduce me before putting forth his idea because I so hadn't seen that coming. But not like I was an idiot or an hormonal fool to have just agreed because I was manipulated by my feelings or in this case, hormones.

However, as I was manipulated by curiosity, the headiness of knowing that we will be sneaking behind everyone's backs and that I would be trying something new—I was still a fool, if not the kind of fool I first thought of but my type of fool. Because if this went bad it would be my fault.

“If you are done thinking too much about this, can I drive you home now?”

I shook my head in answer to his question but he obviously didn't get it as he looked at me with a lifted brow. “You aren't over thinking or you don't want to go home?”

My eyes widened at his last statement, that was way too suggestive but I relaxed and rolled my eyes when he started chuckling at my reaction.

“You don't need to take me home. I would get a cab.”

Caden’s brows furrowed which showed confusion and that he was thinking about something. His lips were also flattened which showed displeasure at my words or whatever he had concluded in his mind. It might have been both though but I was sure something was wrong. How I was sure, I had no idea but the knowledge that I might have unknowingly watched Caden so much that I knew these things didn't reduce my worry, at all.