Chapter twenty-five

“You can roll your eyes all you want but we both know we haven't talked about this enough.” I said to show that I wasn't backing off the topic even though Caden obviously thought it was a waste of time.

Although surprisingly, Caden tilted his head in a way that showed he agreed with me and had thought the exact same thing. “I was busy with business and you were too but we should have at least talked.”

I agreed but not wanting to sound like I’d been waiting for his call all this time, I said, “That's not necessary later on but at this early stage, it made me confused. I thought you were no longer interested or something.”

Caden didn't say anything to that so, I continued. “We need to agree on a few things. Like, how many times can we call each other and for what reasons. How many days should we meet? What is this really about and how long will it last?”

Caden had an amused expression fixed on his face as I listed off my concerns. He nodded to himself with a smug smile. “You have really put too much thought into this like I feared. But do you remember that this secrecy thing was your idea?”

“It is also something you wanted because you don't publicly date either. So, I am guessing you would have suggested it if I hadn't.”

Caden shrugged, not even bothering to deny it since he knew he had said things that showed that when we last talked. “Okay let's discuss this.”

I waited for him to speak as we sat next to each other. “This isn't like my past relationships because you have your own rules and want to be as emotionally absent in this relationship as possible." He paused and gave me a look before saying, "Right?” to confirm that he was right since I had been silent in shock because he had read the situation perfectly.

I nodded and he nodded to himself again. “Then the ball is in your court. You're the one running the show.”

I doubted that he really meant that. He probably just said that so he wouldn't have to say anything.

“We should agree. Together.” I further emphasised my point by gesturing to both of us with my hand.

Caden rolled his eyes. “You are thinking too much. We don't have to have set dates or times to call each other. All we just have to do is I can call you if I feel like seeing you. You can come over anytime you like. The boundaries will be created when you do something I don't like and I tell you about it. The same thing applies to you, if I do something you don't want all you have to say is no and I would never do it again.”

I continued to look at him without uttering a word and he raised an eyebrow. “Isn't that enough for you?”

I rolled my eyes at the mocking way he said that and shrugged in answer. I tried to not overthink anything as he was accusing me of doing. That he also wanted everything to be casual was good for me but his casualness and complete calmness was really scary.

Looking at the house I was sitting in again made me want to slap myself. “You have changed everything!”

My surprised cry made Caden look at me with a bored look as he eyed me while I was taking in all of the new fixtures in his sitting room.

There was a copper wall clock that wasn't there before so he must have bought it at the antique store and I never noticed. The antique furniture we ordered were already arranged beautifully. I was blown away by the beauty and I couldn't believe I missed seeing it at first in my rush to discuss our ‘relationship’ with Caden. Considering the fact that I was sitting on it, it was really disturbing that I hadn't noticed.

That it was evening could also be blamed though. He had left the painting on the wall except the addition of wall murals at the corner edges. Which made two different walls murals and the other two the normal one.