Chapter eight

Lucy had woken me up as early as 5:00 in the morning to tell me that I'd to be at the studio by seven because Monica had wanted to start early. She had sounded very serious, so I believed her.

I quickly took my bath and threw on a grey gown. I finished early and to avoid last time's incident, I delayed a little.

I figured, I would get a cab because I couldn't disturb James so early in the morning. I went downstairs ready to call a cab but James was already waiting downstairs. James wasn't one of the live-in staff so I wondered what he was doing here so early.

I didn't have to wonder for long, as he smiled at me and explained. "Good morning miss Erica. Mr Crawford called me to come pick you up early."

I brushed off the nice deed, feeling nothing at the gesture. It meant nothing because I knew Caden did it because Lucy told him to and not because he wanted to be nice to me.

We arrived at the studio ten minutes early and I was happy that I arrived the exact time that I wanted. Katherine came a few minutes later, complaining about a massive headache. She was at a party until 2:00am and even though she didn't drink, waking up too early didn't agree with her body.

Monica arrived four hours late.

Kate had gone to sleep in her car while I sat in the studio watching the crew work. Immediately Monica walked in, Claudia went to wake Katherine up. Katherine walked in with her manager and I'd to admire her ability not to look like she just woke up.

The instant she got to where I stood, she asked something that was puzzling me. "So, did Monica explain why she was late?"

I tried to think on this before answering because all Monica had given as an explanation for her lateness was that she had some personal matters to deal with. Everyone in her crew had just nodded their heads in response and pretended like we all hadn't been waiting for her for hours.

She didn't even apologize to me either all she had said was, "Good morning, Erica. You young people actually have the ability to wake up early. Where is Katherine? Please tell her manager to go get her."

However, as I told Katherine this, she froze first, then gave a loud humourless laugh. Then just sat down and started muttering to herself while tapping her feet offbeat.

Claudia looked nervous at Katherine's behavior but I was just confused. I concluded to attribute it to a way for her to control her anger. I'd also decided to put Monica in Caden's category in my mind and let that day not bother me. They were people that were just rude by nature and not worth my thoughts.

The equipments didn't work at first and that took another one hour. When it finally did, everyone were snapping at one another for various little things. Seeing all these, I began wondering how I would survive the day.

Katherine was supposed to be the one to start and I had been hoping with all my might that Monica would have the wisdom to know not to complain.

But I guess hoping wasn't working for me these days because she was even more worse.

"Katherine can you please for the last time, hold your position and stop shaking." Monica growled.

Katherine's jaw dropped and was about to say something horrible by the look on her face but Jake gave her the same pleading look he had been giving everyone Monica offended — and that was almost everyone.

Katherine had been trying to keep her anger in check but she finally lost it this time. She shook her head, looking at Jake. "Jake, I'm sorry but I am not going to take this shit from her anymore."

She whirled around to Monica. "Now you listen to me and listen good, Monica Trent. It's either you apologize to everyone for your bitchy attitude or you just watch your mouth and do this photoshoot in peace as you can't seem to say sorry."

Monica looked surprised for a second before she scoffed. "Oh! So you want to blame my lateness for your inadequacy. No-no little girl you would do as I say. I wonder why Marié chose such an unprofessional being anyway."

She muttered the last part but everyone heard it loud and clear. And from Jake's 'oh shit' and Claudia's gasp, we all knew that matters just got worse by the look on Katherine's face.

Katherine stood up from her seat and since she was 6 feet in height naturally but with heels on, she swallowed up Monica's 5'5 form.

She stood in front of Monica and laughed in her face. "Oh, you didn't just say that, do you actually know that everyone here hates you right now and I am sure has a few choice words to say to you but only let it slide because of Jake? You are not the only one with personal issues, I'm sure we all had things to do this morning but we came here nonetheless. I'm also sure that you probably knew you wouldn't make it early but you wouldn't have bothered to inform us. I..."

Monica cut her off mid rant, as she started moving away from Katherine. She turned to her assistant. "Jake, can you please deal with this. I don't have the time to waste chatting with a child."