Chapter thirty-seven

The beautiful feeling of looking at yourself in the mirror and liking what you see and then feeling sexy.

It's when you look at yourself in the mirror and admire yourself because you know that you look fucking hot.

That was how I felt as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I smiled at my reflection seeing my hazel eyes smile back at me and give me a wink as I chuckled and twirled while looking at the dress Andrea and Katherine had picked for me. The one they had been hiding and I now knew the reason.

I turned to look at the back of the dress in the mirror and laughed breathlessly as I looked at the exposed better part of my back. The dress was a little backless but with a laced-up design.

The zigzag style of the lace was more for style than modesty. A black long sleeve bodycon dress that showed my soft curves to an advantage and made me attracted to myself was beyond perfect for me.

The one that had made Andrea approach Mia to design a shoe for it. Stiletto heels that was blood-red in color and six inches high.

That Mia had been in on this made it funnier because she had acted surprised that I was throwing a party when I invited her to the party.

Their collective efforts were very well appreciated but made me doubt their honesty in the number of guests we were going to have.

“Hot damn!”

I chuckled as I caught Andrea's eye in the mirror. I smiled as I took in her black ensemble. She had wanted us to both wear black clothes and her's was pretty. She had on a black oriental strappy curvy-hem midi dress. “It's really something!” I softly said but with awe and appreciation in my voice.

Andrea chuckled too. “It's that, if nothing else. Like wow! Look at you.”

I turned to her and sighed softly but happily, though I felt tears brimming in my eyes at the moment. Andrea saw them too and rushed forward. “Hey baby! Today isn't for crying. It's for celebrating! It's your day, for crying out loud!”

I laughed but with emotion thick in my throat. “Thank you for this, Andrea.”

She smiled at me and hugged me but not before I saw the tears in her eyes too.

“Are we having a best friends hugging moment or should we change it to a group hug?”

Katherine's voice made I and Andrea break apart with laughter escaping us. We watched her and Lucy walk into my room and then close the door behind them. Seeing Lucy made me smile as I admired how her dress made her look. She was dressed in a copper sequin wrap mini dress that was just too beautiful.

However the sight of Katherine made me take a double take. Dressed in a white ribbed backless ruched back midi dress. She looked like a sexy angel/temptress in white.

I opened my arms and said, “Let it be one because I really need it.”

The both of them came nearer to us and we all hugged. I sighed with contentment, feeling genuinely happy to be alive after a long time of not appreciating that blessing. And I was glad because it was not just because my life was getting better but because I had friends. These friends.

“I'm so happy to call you guys my friends.” I just had to say it out loud.

Lucy squeezed my forearm through my cloth and I smiled at her as we all separated. “And not just because you're throwing a party for me.”

They all laughed and rolled their eyes. “We are happy to be friends with you too.” Lucy replied me before she gave a mischievous smile and cleared her throat. “So, now that the emotional moment has passed let's sing the song we had planned.”