Chapter forty-seven

I closed my eyes and began counting down in my head — I was trying to calm my nervous heart.

It wasn't my first time attending a sophisticated party. I was now even use to it, all thanks to Mia and Bianca, but it was my first time going with Caden.

Going to a sophisticated party, a benefit with — Caden — as his date. We were going as a couple and it was more than a little intimidating. It was going to be our first time in public and I was more than scared about doing it.

I wasn't worried about what to wear or how to act. I was scared about how the people who see us together would take it — what they'd think or say.

I was scared about how the world will scrutinize and view me after this — because Caden had warned that people would make a big deal out of it as I am not really a nobody. Not like that was what made it different, they would have if I was too.

I was scared about how the people we meet that night will treat me. His friends, business partners and associates that were going to be there. We'd agreed to go together but my fear was making me reconsider.

I turned towards the door as I heard the door to Caden's room open. My lips parted of their own accord as I took in the sight before me. Caden in a grey tuxedo, the exact shade of his eyes. I was literally gawking but I was too far gone to care.

Though Caden was gawking too so I guess it was okay. He wasn't blinking as he stared at me and I knew what he saw as his eyes got a little more hooded each second he stared. He was frozen before but soon enough began walking towards me in a way that made my heart jerk — because Caden looked to be unconsciously gliding towards me.

It was beautiful to behold, to know I affected him that much. And I appreciated it because my efforts paid off then. The downright sexy dinner gown I was wearing paid off. I had gone shopping with Andrea for two hours and it was beyond worth it to see that hungry look in Caden's eyes.

Dressed in a red sexy slit evening dress with a deep V-neckline, I should expect nothing less. It had cost quite some cash but the slit reaching past mid thigh with my diamond encrusted — designed-by-me — red heels that were shown off to full effect was just too good to behold and completely worth it.

Seeing myself in the mirror had given me confidence and I beamed at what I saw. Though doubt had still plagued because even with my professionally done makeup and hairdo, I still felt like I may not fit in.

“I can't believe you're all mine.” Caden breathed into my ear and brought me back to the present — the room. I shivered slightly as he gently bit my earlobe.

His gruffly whispered words made me smile and I tilted my head to gaze at him. “And I can't believe you're all mine either.”

In a flash, Caden's hands were cupping my face and his lips were crushing mine with so much hunger and urgency that it immediately called unto the full force of my own passion that had been slowly building.

He moved us till my back hit the wall and he raised the leg that was exposed by the slit to hook on his hip and he trailed his fingers up that leg as we drank from each other. His lips left mine and started trailing from my neck to the exposed cleavage before my brain started working again — against the moans and groans from both of us.

I  forced myself to draw back. My chest was heaving and I used my hand to stop him by his chest as he tried to close in again. “We have a benefit to go to and I have a lipstick to touch up while you have some to clean off your lips.” I said firmly but with laughter in my voice.

Caden looked at my smudged lipstick and smiled smugly. He looked to be appreciating his handwork. “I like it better this way.”

“You wouldn't like yours if you saw it. You look like your lips had an intimate collision with a blood red lipstick.”