Chapter fifty-four

This Chapter is dedicated to norkyslloyd for continuous reading despite irregular updates.

••€•••

Interview with jewellery designer, Chloe Bennett, by Eveline Lewis.

Interviewer: Hey, Chloe. It's so great to have you here again.

Chloe: Thank you, Eveline. I'm also happy to be on your show again.

Interviewer: This is your second time here but the last time was years ago.

Chloe nodded with a smile.

Interviewer: Thus, it goes without saying, much as happened from then till now, in other words, we have much to discuss. With that said, let's get down to business.

Chloe chuckled while straightening as if getting ready for the questions and Eveline grinned at her.

Interviewer: You have talked about your new ring designs at other interviews and everyone always loves to hear about your work... But we have all never really heard about your personal life. And that's the particular part of your life, I want to discuss.

Chloe gave a breathy laugh that seemed genuine and carefree but also possessed an edge.

Chloe: I never really talk about it but just for you, I will. So, if you ask the right questions, I would try to give answers.

Eveline smirked, like she already had this planned and knew exactly what she wanted to ask.

Interviewer: We know you're currently dating Alex Luciano. The handsome Italian actor.

Chloe smiled wryly as she interrupted Eveline.

Chloe: We aren't together anymore.

Interviewer: That's so sad. I was counting on talking about that. But that's alright, at least I get to be the first to know and broadcast it. Also to know the reason... or at least I'm hoping you'll tell me.

Her eyes were hopeful as she said that and after a forlorn look flashed in Chloe's eyes, she gave in with a sigh.

Chloe: Well, it ended because I realized and accepted the fact that we weren't going to work out. Cause it wasn't what I really wanted. I got an eye opener after seeing my ex with another woman. I then searched within me and realized that I wanted more than what I had with him — more like I wanted what I had before him, I know what that felt like and it wasn't what I had with Alex — and also who I specifically wanted it all with. That person really isn't Alex even if I don't get the person I want.

The interviewer looked like she just struck gold as she smiled widely with a gleam in her eyes especially when she noticed that Chloe wasn't done yet.

Chloe: It involves my first love, which may be a surprise to you but you know him, and he is Caden Crawford.

Eveline gasped delightedly as she absorbed this. She looked out of breath as she nodded eagerly, encouragingly, wanting more.

Interviewer: As in Caden Crawford, the first son of Marcus Crawford, the one dating Erica Smith. His first ever public girlfriend that's also a popular designer.

Chloe nodded with a solemn expression.

Chloe: I loved him and I still do and always hoped to end up with him even though I was the one that broke our relationship apart. It was the best I've ever had, I've tried finding another one like it, or someone like him but I haven't and it might be selfish but I still want that. It ended by my mistake but after I explored enough, I've realized that I still want what I had. However, I've lost him. It's just... though we separated, we remained friends and I kind of hoped there was still hope there because I suspected he knew I held out for him all these years. But I guess not.