X : Mysterious Photographs

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Mysterious Photographs

Lucy burst out of the wardrobe. She even forgot the wardrobe's floor was not ground level and ended up falling onto the ground once she ran from the wardrobe. Landing with a loud thud on the ground Lucy ignored the pain from her hands and knees and hopped on up so she could tell her siblings she was back. They must be so worried about her considering she was gone for so long.

"Nighty-eight, nighty-nine, one hundred! Ready or not here I come!" Lucy heard Peter yell throughout the house as she ripped the door to the spare room open and ran through the hallways.

"It's all right!" She yelled as she came from the room. "I'm back! I'm all right!" She exclaimed as she ran down the three stairs into the hallway where Edmund stuck his head out from behind the curtains.

"Shut up! He's coming!" He told her with a hushed voice and a nasty look on his face. What on earth was she doing? She was going to give them away!

Lucy's smile turned into a frown as she looked over at Edmund in confusion. Peter then having run up the stairs from the main entrance came into the hallway and stopped short when he saw the two of them out in the open. Edmund let out a loud sigh and Peter furred his brows and had a small smirk on his face. "You know, I'm not sure you two have quite got the idea of this game," He said to the two of them as Edmund threw the curtains off of him and started walking off.

Lucy continued looking baffled at her brothers, they seemed to have continued going about their day the whole time she was gone. It seemed like they didn't even realize she had ever left. "Weren't you wondering where I was?" Lucy asked them with a frown.

Edmund shot around towards her with a scowl on his face. "That's the point," he said sassily. "That was why he was seeking you," he told her acting like he was talking to a three-year-old.

During all this commotion between the three of them, Susan had crawled out of the coffee table she was hiding them and snuck up behind her brothers to join them. She had a smug smile plastered across her face. "Does this mean I win?" Susan asked smiling up at Peter.

Peter just slumped his shoulders and turned to face, Susan. "I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore," he groaned and Edmund rolled his eyes at Lucy and looked at Susan and Peter. Susan frowned at Peter's remark, why wouldn't Lucy want to play? She had only been begging moments ago to play and now when they played what she wanted she didn't want to anymore.

Lucy just stared at her three siblings standing beside one another in pure awe. They were acting as if nothing had changed. "I've been gone for hours," she gawked at them looking between all of them.

The three siblings looked at their sister in confusion. What on earth was she talking about?

"Lucy—" Susan started but Lucy cut her off.