XXV : The Deal

Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

The Deal

Elizabeth stood tall alongside Aslan on top the rock where Aslan's tent was located and Peter, Susan, and Lucy had first met them. The Pevensie's stood nearest to Elizabeth and Aslan along the far side of the aisles that were made for Jadis to make her way through the crowd. Mummers went through the crowd as Jadis made her way through but Elizabeth stood with her hands in front of her as before in silence along with Aslan. The two just watched as Jadis approached. Elizabeth didn't show it, but she was trembling on the inside.

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia!" Ginarrbrik chanted through the crowds as he walked in front of Jadis seated high up on a throne that she was making ogres carry. "Empress of the Lone Islands!" he continued to chant as he was greeted with shouts and yells from Aslan's camp in disagreement. The titles the dwarf was giving to Jadis was Elizabeth, their rightful Queen's titles as well as the Pevensie siblings. Jadis was not their Queen and they were making sure she knew that she was not welcomed here.

The Pevensie's watched in horror as Jadis approached and when Edmund turned to Elizabeth to see how she was taking this, he was surprised to see how strong and regal she appeared. Not a lick of fear was plastered across her face, she looked as if she was ready to take Jadis down now in front of everyone. He didn't know how she could do it. He envied her courage and admired her for it.

Once Jadis was near the rock, Aslan let out a low growl that was loud enough for Elizabeth to hear. In response, she held her head up high and the pair turned their noses up towards Jadis as the ogres placed her throne on the ground. Jadis' eyes were big as she stared at Elizabeth. She pushed herself out of her chair and squinted at Elizabeth. Then she turned to look at Edmund standing with his siblings. Edmund's heart beat faster and he started breathing faster as Jadis stared at him.

Jadis then turned from Edmund back to facing Aslan as she paused and stared at the two. "You have a traitor in your midst Aslan, and—" she started as she turned to face Elizabeth and narrowed her eyes. "Daughter of Aslan."

Elizabeth let out a deep breath as she watched Jadis and people in the crowd started talking furiously at Jadis' words. A traitor?! The siblings looked at Edmund for a moment and Lucy grabbed his arm for reassurance before turning back to the conversation in front of them.

"His offense was not against you," Elizabeth said with a slight snarl at Jadis and narrowing her eyes at the Witch.

Jadis let out a slight smirk as she turned to Aslan, ignoring Elizabeth. "Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?"

Aslan let out a roar at her out of the disrespect she showed towards Elizabeth and her audacity to speak to him as she did. "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me Witch. I was there when it was written," he snarled with his eyes turning into slits.