XIII : Meeting the Professor

Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Meeting the Professor

"Edmund?" A voice called out from the darkness.

Edmund turned on his heel towards the voice and saw that it was his sister emerging from the woods towards him. At first, she just stared at him confused, before a smile spread across her face and she started to run towards him.

"Oh, Edmund! You got in too! Isn't it wonderful!" She went on and on as she reached him only to pull him into a tight hug.

Edmund stumbled backward not expecting this and pulled Lucy off of him. "Where have you been?" He said scrunching his face up, his mood going back to frustrated seeing as he had been searching for her for so long.

"With Mr. Tumnus," Lucy went on rambling as Edmund wiped the rest of the remaining sugar off his face and onto his robe. But Lucy wasn't even paying attention to him, she was just focused on explaining what had been happening. "He's fine. The White Witch hasn't found out anything about him meeting me."

Edmund paused upon hearing this and scrunched his face in confusion. "The White Witch?" He asked his sister.

Lucy looked around them before answering and leaned in close to him as in to tell him a secret. "She calls herself the Queen of Narnia, but she really isn't." She explained. She then started to notice the uncomfortable expression had been plastered across Edmund's face as he stared at the ground, not looking her in the eyes. "Are you all right? You look awful," she stated innocently.

Edmund scowled at her before lashing out at her. "Well, what'd you expect? I mean, it's freezing," he said with a shiver and pulled his robe around him tighter missing the warm fur coat that was around him earlier. "How do we get out of here?"

Before answering, Lucy just stared at him waiting to see if he would really tell her before concluding he wasn't going to. "Come on," she said gently taking his hand for him to follow. "This way," she stated as she leads the way back from whence they came.

~