XXX : Kings and Queens of Narnia

Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Kings and Queens of Narnia

Everyone was in full rejoicing, the White Witch was destroyed and today was the day that Narnia had been waiting a hundred years for. Two Sons of Adam and three Daughters of Eve would finally be crowned Kings and Queens of Narnia. Even the mermaids were rejoicing as they danced in the water in a race towards Cair Paravel where the coronation would take place. The empty castle on the edge of the hill would finally have inhabitants within as the Kings and Queens would live there.

There was one individual who was not rejoicing along with everyone else. Elizabeth stood in front of a mirror in an upstairs room which she was told would become her own bedroom. The room itself was huge, the rooms of the castle were made years ago and to Elizabeth had an eerie feeling considering they had been empty for so long. Of course, the rooms had just been freshly refurbished so they were up to date with fashion, but never the less the feeling still lingered to Elizabeth. She didn't know how she felt about the gigantic bedroom that was supposedly hers. Fresh light poured into her room as a whole side wall to the room was strictly a window that stretched from one wall to the other and belonged to a balcony that opened up and allowed one to overlook the beautiful beach below. The room was bigger than her bedroom back in the real world but only by a little, but she wasn't used to living in such a large space since living in Narnia. She had been living in a tent for the past sixty years so now standing in such a large living space was a bit overwhelming for the girl.

As she stood in front of the mirror she was overlooking her new status. Oreius sister, Lilith, did all the cosmetics to Elizabeth as well as fixing her hair and dress. When Elizabeth examined her figure in the mirror she didn't even recognize herself. Her bright blue eyes popped with the eyeliner and natural eye shadow. She hardly even had any makeup on and the makeup she did have on was in natural colors so to convey her natural beauty more than redesigning her face. She had never seen her face in makeup before though so she didn't even recognize the girl who was looking back at her. Lilith had pulled the girl's beautiful blonde golden hair into a gorgeous bun that wrapped around the base of her head. In her hair, the centaur had pieced tiny little golden decorative hair pins to help hold Elizabeth's hair in place but to also stick out. Elizabeth wore a stunning red dress with a hint of gold around the top and in a band around her elbows. She wore soft white flats to go with the dress but the dress came all the way to the floor so no one could actually see the shoes. No one else was in the room so Elizabeth was alone.

She practically wasn't breathing as she looked over herself. Who was this girl? Who was this blonde staring back at her? It certainly couldn't be her. She wasn't meant to be crowned ruler over Narnia, certainly not. Ever since Aslan first told her she would gain the crown of Narnia she didn't want it. Up until today, nothing had changed. She still didn't want the crown. She didn't deserve the crown. What had she done that was worthy of ruling an entire country? Sure she had the Pevensies to help her since they too would be crowned rulers of Narnia, but that didn't truly make Elizabeth feel any better.