{40} Bucky Barnes: Satisfied

This is a musical one shot of the reader singing...

Satisfied from Hamilton

I DO NOT OWN THIS SONG, IT BELONGS TO LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA

Goes between reader singing and the actual scene.

Reader singing = 'italics'

Takes place in 40's where Bucky made it home from war.

__________________

You sat at the table as the maid of honor of your sisters Elizabeth or otherwise known as Eliza. She was married to the man who captured your heart the moment you saw him...James Buchanan Barnes.

"Alright, alright! That's what I'm talking about! Now everyone give it up to the maid of honor, Y/N L/N!" Dum Dum Duncan announced, people cheered as you pushed your chair back before standing up, champagne glass in hand. Everyone's eyes were on you, your sisters.....Bucky's.

"A toast to the groom!" You raised your glass. "To the bride." Again you raised it with the others. "From your sister. Who is always by your side." Looking at your sister as you said it, Eliza had tears of joy in her eyes as she smiled at you. "To your union. And the hope that you provide, may you always, be satisfied."

Rewind

Rewind

Helpless

L/N

Rewind

Your mind clouded with the memories you will never forget.

"I remember that night I just might regret that night for the rest of my days. I remember those soldier boys tripping over ourselves to win our praise."

The war just ended and a party brewed in New York to celebrate it. Y/N was with Eliza and her friend Peggy. Men...soldiers wore their uniform while celebrating asking women to dance or have a drink with them.

"Can I have a dance?" One would ask you but you politely declined before moving along the room.

"I remember that dreamlike, candle light, like a dream that you can't quite place. But Bucky, I'll never forget the first time I saw your face."

He stood out to you. You didn't know what it was. Maybe it was those gorgeous blue eyes of his. Or the perfectly sculpted sharp jaw of his. The small stubble on his face and everything else was enough to make you swoon.

"I have never been the same, Intelligent eyes and a hunger-pang frame. 
And when you said 'Hi' I forgot my dang name. Set my heart aflame. Every part a flame. This is not a game."

Quickly you looked away as the stranger you were oogling looked your way. Now you sat at the bar with a glass in front of you.

"Hi." You looked besides you and you felt butterflies when you saw it was the beautiful stranger.

"H-Hi." You stuttered as you felt your cheeks heat up causing him to smile a rather charming one, revealing pearly white teeth. 

"May I order the beautiful dame a refill?" You quickly nodded as he grinned again and sat on the bar stool next to you as he ordered you both a drink.

After your drink was set in front of you, you took a sip.

-

The two of you laughed. It's been a half hour since the man sat next to you. You and him haven't even exchanged names yet.