{56} Steve Rogers: Secret Admirer

Modern Day Highschool AU

High school was hell for you. From the people to the work it was hell. But in your days of grey you always see some light. And that light accompanies the notes you receive everyday in your locker.

Whether it's in the morning or in the afternoon when you go to your locker there will always be one. If there's a day you don't receive one the one the next day is a little bit longer than the one from before.

Your friends always teased you that you have a secret admirer.

The notes weren't always notes, sometimes they were poems. You just wished you knew who kept sending them so you can thank them.

-

You opened your locker and there it was an folded up lined paper in your locker. Taking it out a small smile graced your lips.

Towards the water fountain on the opposite side of the hall Steve stood there, his blonde hair mused with gel and a tinge of pink on his face. He watched you unfold the paper, your eyes going across the words written on the page your smile broadening. Butterflies erupted in his stomach, seeing your reaction to his small poem he wrote you.

"Steve!" A voice called out to him from down the hall. You looked up at him, he quickly looked away his face turning a scarlet red in embarrassment as he walked down the hallway to his best friend Bucky.

You looked back down at the note and smiled again, grabbing your books and slammed your locker shut, turning you went off on your way down the hallway the opposite direction Steve went.

Steve and Bucky watched you leave from her locker.

"You should just tell her how you feel." Bucky told him. Steve's eyes widened considerably shaking his head frantically.

"No! What are you crazy?" He exclaimed as he watched you go like a lost puppy.

"No I'm not crazy but do you know what I am? Your best friend and you're helpless when it comes to her! You love her and it hurts to see you here in the dark and not being out there in the light telling her how you feel."

"She'll probably think I'm a dork!" Steve whined.

"You are a dork." Bucky retorted, Steve shot him a small glare. He rolled her eyes. "Look all you need to do is go up to her and say you need to talk to her and then you tell her you love her and blow her away with your charm and boom! The both of you are together!"

Steve sighed, scratching the back of his head, looking at his friend.

"What if I screw up? What if I say something wrong?" He asked her. He snorted.

" I highly doubt that's going to happen." Steve sighed in defeat.

"You're probably right."

"When am I not?" Steve rolled his eyes.

Later that day you were back at your locker putting things away. You were distracted so you didn't notice anyone approach you.

"Y/N?" You jump in surprise, resting a hand over your chest as you look at who was talking to you. Steve stood there anxiously, hands in his pockets a blush covering his face. You chuckled.

"You nearly scared me half to death Steve." You joked. He smiled at you, leaning on one foot to the other.

"Sorry, I um, can I talk to you for a minute?" Politely you smiled at him, nodding.

"Is everything all right Steve? You look nervous." He frantically nodded, letting out a shaky breath, his eyes meeting yours.

"Um yeah I just, um." He nervously chuckled. "I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner with me, maybe this Friday, say around 7?"

Internally Steve panicked, this wasn't the plan but he was just winging it at this point.

"I can't." You started, Steve's face fell. "But I can Saturday." His face lit up.

"Really?" He asked excitedly. You giggled a small blush of your own sweeping over your cheeks.

"Yes really. I have to go now, I'll text you later?" You asked, as you started to walk backwards. Steve smiled widely.

"Yes, yes definitely!" He told you. Smiling you waved at him before spinning around so you know where you were going. Once you turned down to another hallway out of side he shouted, "Yes!"