Chapter 1-Its Been a Rough Year

Pulling on my black hoodie, I made my way along my daily route.

Everyday I visit Cassidy's grave and on Thursdays I even stop by the florist to get a flower for her grave. Its been exactly one year today since the accident.

I finally arrived at the cemetery. I placed a red red rose on Cassidy's grave.

So Cassidy, what has happened since you died? Well...

Its been a rough year.

Mum took it hard when you died because her siblings had also died in a car crash.

So after you died, mum wouldn't let me get into a car. We had another fight.

Then one day I helped this kid at school. He was going to get punished for something he didn't do. It was raining that day so he offered to drive me home. I said yes. Mum saw the car pull into the driveway and watched me get out. She wasn't happy.

I got inside and she started yelling at me. I told her to get over it and that I did nothing wrong. She ended up picking up the nearest object and the next day I went to school with a black eye and a cut lip.

The teachers asked what happened and I wouldn't tell them. I would have just lied about what happened but I suck at lying. I ended up getting sent to the principal and the guidance officer.

I've been living with my uncle since.

Dad stayed a few nights with us. Dad apologised for mum. He said that he had always ever seen the embarrassing, over-excited and busy mum and that he didn't know about all of our little fights. I told him she was never as bad as she was that afternoon and that it wasn't his fault. Dad still apologised anyway.

Dad isn't with mum anymore. They divorced. Dad left to go to the city. He said I could come with him but I said no. There's no point when he works almost 24/7. Mum came over once. She apologised. She cried so much. I told her I didn't want to talk to her.

So yeah, that's it I guess. It's been my rough year. I still miss you like crazy. I love you Cassidy.