Chapter 21-Bringing Slight Smiles Back

I finished making all the sandwiches for Bailey. I was so tired. I began walking back to my room but I tripped on the couch.

I didn't move from the couch after that. I woke up to my uncle Jerry sitting on me. He was eating one of my ham and cheese sandwiches. I gave him the death stare.

"What? You shouldn't have left a pile of sandwiches sitting unattended on the kitchen bench," Jerry protested whilst his mouth was half full.

My uncle's 24 and I still don't think he has grown up yet. Sometimes I feel like perhaps I'm the one looking after him.

I remember one night he wanted to have some friends over to watch the football game. I had to be the one to tell him he wasn't allowed to do it because he had to work the next morning and I didn't want to deal with him being hungover in the morning before I went to school.

Don't get me wrong though. He's really good.

After making me breakfast, my uncle Jerry drove me to Bailey's house.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I hope none of her brothers answer the door.

I waited. Still no answer. I knocked again. This time, Bailey appeared.

She looked at me for a moment. She was confused as to why I was holding a big plate of sandwiches. I smiled as I nudged the plate towards her. She tilted her head, inspecting the elements of the sandwich. Her face slightly brightened as she realised I had made all these ham and cheese sandwiches just for her.

It was nice to bring a smile back to Bailey's face. Even if the smile wasn't the brightest I had seen from her.

As for Jax, I had no idea how he felt about all of this. I best just leave him. He'd just push me away if I tried to be close with him again. That's how it always is with him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oops just noticed I have two chapter 14's. Oh well.