Chapter 22-A Golden Opportunity

Things haven't been going too bad.

Jax still doesn't talk to me nor Bailey but he did, however, message me saying his mum is doing well and thanked me for being there for him.

That's a positive.

Bailey has slowly been getting better mentally. She has started making some more friends of her own which has really helped her come out of her shell more.

That's another positive.

And me? I'm back to sitting by myself at lunch once again. I like it this way though. I get to work on my poetry more this way. I've been running out of material to recite at poetry night.

And today? Seems like there's more positives coming my way.

I was making my way down town whilst singing the song 'Making My Way Downtown' by Avril Lavigne. I was more into the song that I'd like to admit when I was stopped by the little lady from the reject shop.

"Hello there. You're not busy right now, are you? I have some news for you," the little lady explained.

I shook my head then followed her to a small room at the back of the reject shop. Sitting down at the small round table, she began telling me the news.

"You know how you delivered teddy bears up to the children's ward?" the little lady said, "Well, my granddaughter who's up there loved that you did that for her as did all the other little kiddies up there.

I was talking to the nurse up at the children's ward and she told me thatword has gotten around about your good deed and there's other hospitals that want teddy bears brought to their young patients.

Now, we understand it will be a lot of work; however, would you be interested in collecting teddy bears and going around to various hospitals? I can start up a donation tin in the store here to help pay for expenses and I'm sure if there's other places that would happy to help you."

I sat there thinking. This was a big. What started a a random act of kindness can become my own fundraiser that can bring smiles to people's faces. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I had to hold myself back from nodding vigorously until my head fell off. This is a lot of work. Would I even have time to do it between school?

I took a deep breathe. With a smile, I simply nodded.

"Ok, I'll do it." I said.

Wow, I guess that's it. Here's where the next chapter of my life begins.

The End