Chapter 11-Running Right into Cupid

I looked at Jax. He looked at me. We were both confused.

"Why'd she run off?" Jax asked.

"I don't know," I answered almost in a panic.

Then we ran.

Off the stage and down the stairs we went. Jax was right behind me. God knows how many times we almost tripped.

Our luck didn't last too long though. As soon as we got out of the back door of the hall we tripped and right on top of Bailey too. If only falling on cement hurt as much as a pillow.

"So...how are you?" I asked with a nervous smile.

Bailey drew her piercing glare to me.

"Well, I was just getting over the shock of finding out I sang in from of perhaps the whole school but now I'm just fine," Bailey began to smile.

"We're dead, aren't we?" Jax gulped.

Bailey looked at Jax and nodded.

Jax and I looked at each other in fear and then ran. It wasn't until the three of us had began running that we realised how beat up we were from falling on the cement just before.

Jax stopped and dropped to his knees as he pretended as if he just got shot. Bailey dropped down onto the ground beside him and laughed. It didn't take Jax long to wrap his arms around Bailey's waist and start rolling around on the grass.

I kept my distance. I was half way across the oval and I couldn't help but just cheer as I stood there watching Bailey attempt to wrestle her way out of Jax's grip. It was quite entertaining actually. You couldn't tell who was winning. They both seemed so happy.

It was then that I realised that today I had successfully got Bailey to see colour in her grayscale world and Jax...his smile was bigger than ever when he was with Bailey. Perhaps I should start playing cupid.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Feels like forever since I last published another chapter.

On a different note, God bless the creator of Smith's Chips. Its interesting how something good suddenly tastes magnificent when you're really hungry.

Also I have started writing a short story. I haven't written much yet but I'm really proud of it so far. The short story is called 'Glass Hearts' so keep an eye out for it. Might include the summary of 'Glass Hearts' at the bottom of the next chapter if you're lucky.