Chapter 6-The Creation of a Bright Idea

I was still completely clueless as to how I could help Bailey and it was beginning to drive me absolutely crazy.

It wasn't until a few days later that I finally came up with a good idea and by good idea I mean much better than the last one.

So my first attempt was kinda a fail but this one sure won't be. I hope...

I took Bailey to go get some ice-cream and we went to the park. Bailey had to babysit her little cousin, Charlie, that day so he came along with us as well. Bailey and I were sitting on a park bench as we watched Charlie on the swings.

With a hop and a skip, little Charlie came running back over to us.

"Bailey, I have a song stuck in my head," Charlie pouted, placing his little hands on Bailey's knee.

"Well then lets sing another song," Bailey replied as she hoisted him up onto her knee.

The moment next is what made my head explode. I could feel that metaphorical light bulb above my head flash on as I took in what was happening.

Bailey began singing. She smiled and she became immersed in the music. Her clear passion for singing quickly overtook her. She has a unique voice. Different but in a nice way. A really nice way.

As I listened to Bailey singing, 'I want to break free' by Queen, I started conjuring up a plan. If I was going to turn Bailey's grayscale world into a burst of colour, I was going to use music.

Its just a shame I don't have one musical bone in my body. One the bright side, its a good thing I know a guy who owes me a big favour for helping him...actually I'd rather not reminisce that particular memory.

I am going to make an extremely important phone call the instant I get home today.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't you just hate it when you get a song stuck in your head? It happens to me all the time. One day I asked my friend if he knew how to get a song out of your head and he said think about pineapples. It surprisingly worked.