Chapter 13-Seeing the Sad Side of Jax

Bailey and Jax or as I like to call Jailey/Bax (I'm still deciding which one I like better but I think I might go with Jailey) have been dating for a week now. They don't really like being called Jailey or Bax so I've been getting punched much more than usual but its fun annoying them. What else am I supposed to do to stop myself becoming a third wheel when they decide to sit with me at break?

Today was odd though, Jailey didn't sit with me nor with Jax's band friends at break. Instead, Bailey was walking around school and Jax was no where to be found.

Bailey was worried. Jax hadn't even talked to Bailey all day. He just did his usual hug and kiss when he saw her in the morning and after that he just walked off without a word.

Jax was at school today but apparently he had ditched his first two classes so far.

I started to feel worried.

I didn't know Jax too well to know where he was in fact even his friends didn't know. I had one idea as to where he might be so I decided perhaps I should get up and see. In a situation like this, I was sure Jax might be in the most secluded place in school.

I weaved my way through the school and up the staircase of the highest building. In the most secluded spot in the entire school, I found Jax sitting on the rooftop of a three story building.

He sat there lonely, looking over across the town. It was pretty site yet the air lurked with sadness.

His eyes were red. He was a mess.

I slowly walked over to him. You could feel the stench of depression the closer and closer you got to him. He was always such a carefree happy kind of guy.

I sat down next to him. There was a worrying silence.

"My mum has cancer," Jax whispered as another tear ran down his cheek, "and its really bad."

"I'm sorry to hear," I replied with great sympathy.

You hear about cancer but it's never until a moment like this that its hits you. I mean really hits you about what cancer does to people. Not only can it kill someone but it can kill the people around them too. I had never seen Jax like this before. I'm not sure if anyone has. I couldn't begin to understand how Jax was feeling. It must be really hard for him.

"It's ok buddy. I'm here for you. What ever you need. I'm here," I told Jax.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That moment when you're an Aussie writer and you have to refrain from using Aussie terms because you're worried your mostly American readers won't understand it as well as you would like them to.

Below I include a URL I found entertaining. It is two American's trying to guess what the meaning of Australian words are. Sadly, the article does not include the word mate so if you don't know what the Australian meaning of mate is, I would very well enjoy reading what an American thinks what the word mate means in Australia. Warning: Australian words are weird so this buzzfeed article does get inappropriate.

www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/i-am-arvo