Chapter 10-Take the Stage

I've been spending the past week organising something behind Bailey's back. Its hard trying to make sure she doesn't find out. Someone just has to walk up to her and say something and everything will be ruined.

Jax has probably been my biggest threat though. God knows how many times I've had to awkwardly shut him up in front of Bailey.

"Hey Bailey. You should get into performing," I smiled.

"Mmm...I don't know," Bailey shrugged.

I tilted my head and looked at her with big eyes. She tilted her head and looked at me with eyes. We stayed like that for a few seconds before she flicked me in the forehead.

The grin on my face only widened.

"Come on," I said as I took her arm and began dragging her off.

Dragging Bailey behind the school hall, I fumbled around for the keys. Its a good thing I'm close with Miss Leary, the arts teacher, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get a hold of these keys.

Bailey was still giving me a confused look. The plan was working. She has no idea what's going on.

Finally I was able to get the door open. We were now underneath the stage. Dragging Bailey along, I raced up the steps. At the top of the staircase, I dropped Bailey's arm and looked around.

I smiled. Jax was on the stage with his bass and he had brought along a guitarist and a drummer like he had promised. The stage curtains were closed. Everything was quiet. It was perfect.

I gestured for Bailey to follow me. She did.

"This Bailey is all yours. You're on a stage, you have a band and you can choose any song you want to sing," Jax smiled.

Bailey was shocked. We had certainly surprised her. She ran up and gave Jax and I a hug before putting on her thinking face.

"How about the song 'Gives You Hell' by the All-American Rejects? You guys know that song?" Bailey asked.

The band nodded. Bailey smile grew even bigger than before.

I grabbed the camera. Bailey grabbed the microphone.

She took a deep breathe. She was a little nervous. Jax whispered something to her but I couldn't hear what it was. It made her calm down though and her focus was locked onto Jax.

The camera started recording. The music started playing. Bailey began singing.

After the first verse, you wouldn't have known Bailey was nervous. She was walking around, feeling the beat and having the time of her life. Little did she know what stood on the other side of the closed red stage curtains.

When the song finished, it was silent. Suddenly an uproar of cheers, whistles and claps filled the supposedly empty hall. Jax and I rushed to the curtains, pulling them open to reveal a hall full of students and teachers.

Bailey was speechless and even more surprised. She put her hands over her mouth and ran.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

writer's tip no.2-don't go on YouTube while you're trying to write. If you're lucky you'll spend 95% of your time on YouTube and 5% writing.

This writing tip was inspired by 'bad lip reading seagulls stop it now'. If you're a star wars fan you have to check out this video. If you like it, bad lip reading have several star wars videos.