3

"Ok if you want to understand and get answers you have to promise me two things" Grayson tells me.

"Ok I guess" I told him. Ethan and Jen were standing behind him, watching me intently. I looked at both off them than back at Grayson. I looked Grayson in the eyes again and his eyes had blue starting to, spread onto his iris? It was fascinating.

"Ok here goes nothing" Grayson muttered under his breath. "Everything you know about what's real and what isn't is a lie. There is more on this earth than just humans. Me, Ethan, and Jen are werewolves. No we do not turn all ugly and hairy on the full moon, we don't change either, we call it phasing. We can all feel our wolf inside, we always try and harmony with our wolf, but sometimes we disagree with them. When we phase, we take a full on wolf form, but we can still think like the man. We can also use some of our wolf's attributes, like using claws or canines while still in human form." He paused to let me soak it in.

I wasn't surprised there was werewolves, there can't just only be humans. I looked him in the eyes and held it. I saw his eyes turn blue again.

"Grayson why do your eyes turn blue" I asked.

He sighed before saying " when other werewolves look into other wolves eyes, it is seen as a dominace challenge. Wolves that have dominace over other wolves can us it to help control them if needed. The stronger wolves are called the dominants, and the weaker one's are called submissives. "

I thought about it for a moment before saying, "if it's a dominace challenge between other wolves, than why are your eyes glowing as you look at me."

His eyes opened a little wider before he stood up and turned to look at Ethan and Jen.

"Dude your eyes are glowing right now, she's not lying." Jen said.

Oh shit... what did I do... I looked back up at Grayson and started to panic. In a one moment decision, I jumped off the back of the couch and took off running towards the door. But before I could turn the door knob, I heard Grayson say in a voice that barley sounded human, "do not turn that doorknob". I froze, not because I wanted to, but because I couldn't open the knob. An invisible force was stopping me.

I turned back to Grayson and snarled at him,"let me leave".

What the fuck you just snarled... were did that even come from?

It felt like some one else inside me snarled. Some thing changed, the minute I snarled at him, something in me came alive...not came alive... something awakened. I looked at Grayson and I was suddenly afraid, not of him, of me.

His eyes grew big when he looked at me, they then turned blue so quick I almost didn't even see it. His canies lengthened as he looked at me. I realized that I wasn't afraid of him, I was ready to challenge him. In the mirror behind Grayson I saw a glimpse of my self and I gasped.

My normal boring green eyes were glowing, literally glowing. They look like Grayson eyes, except green. I opened my mouth to scream and saw that my teeth were long and sharp.

What the fuck is happening to me

I went to scream, but when I did I felt my body turn itself inside out, I didn't hurt but they sensation was unfamiliar. I jumped in the air and landed on my 4 feet like it was natural. My vision was suddenly red, but I could see clearly. All of my senses were amplified. When I realized again that I was with Grayson I looked for him, but all I saw was a snarling wolf in front of me, but he was much bigger than me. He was a mixture of light and dark Brown's on top, and had a white belly and it looked like socks on his feet. In instinct I rose my shackles and started snarling.

I was about to lunge at him when another huge black wolf lunged at Grayson, knocking him over. I went on high alert, realizing their were other wolves around. Grayson and the huge black wolf, which I assumed was Ethan, started fighting. I backed up not knowing what to do. I was about to bolt when a smaller grey wolf ran towards me and grabbed me by her mouth and started dragging me away. I ripped out of her grasp, but still followed the she-wolf ,which I assumed was Jen, into a bedroom.

I still heard snarling in the other room when she nudged the door shut with her snout. There was a full body mirror hanging on the door, I walked in front of it. To my surprise, I was a beautiful wolf. I was pure white, despite my dark brown hair in my human form. My emerald green eyes glowed bright. The contrast between my coat and eyes was striking.

I heard a noise being me and saw the human form of Jen putting on a shirt that was 10x to big for her. I took a deep breath and caught the scent of Ethan. My wolf settled realizing that it wasn't Grayson shirt. But I have no idea why it mattered. I looked up at Jen, I didn't want to be a wolf and had no idea how to "phase" back as Grayson says. She sat down in front of me and avoided making eye contact with me, which also gave my wolf contentment.

She spoke to me in a low, soothing voice. "Elena, I need you to relax your body, focus on imaging you in human form."

I closed my eyes and imagined my self standing up on two legs, no more canines, no more claws. When I opened my eyes, I was looking Jen in the eye, on two legs.

Thank fucking god. I looked down and realized I had no clothes. I flushed and looked up at Jen, but she was already getting me a short out of the closet. She brought me a army green thrasher jacket. I skipped it on, and it fell down to just above my knees.

"Thank you Jen", I said sheepishly.

"No problem Elena, you didn't know you were a werewolf did you?" She asked me.

"No I didn't know" I said while looking down. "If my parents were them, I could never know, they died when I was twelve. I have lived on my own ever since"

"What?! Since you were twelve?" She almost yelled.

"I had a shitty childhood, but I really don't want to talk about it", I made sure I put extra emphasis and the last sentence.

Jen just looked at me without saying a word, I was about to break the silence when I heard a snarl. Some how I knew it was Grayson and I was out of the door before I realized what I was doing. Ethan had Grayson pinned down and his teeth around his neck.

What happened next was a blur. All I remember was in one swift moment I had my claws and canines out, my eyes burned green, and I was snarling uncontrollably. I tore the big ass black wolf called Ethan off the big ass Brown and white wolf called Grayson and I was ready to fight. I had a protective stance in front of Grayson, who didn't need it, for he was almost bigger than me in his wolf form.

Everyone just started at each other for what felt like an hour, but was probably just minutes. I felt myself relax when Ethan sat on his haunches, in a relaxed position. My claws disappeared, and my canines shrunk back to normal human teeth. But I saw my reflection, and my eyes were still glowing an eerie emerald green.

+

Hey guys I just gotta say that this book is getting really interesting and I'm really getting into it! Shot out to my main hoes, RAE, Brenna S, Brenna O, and Liz. Luv yall

-Mel🌱