22

"Grayson I'm going on a run!" I yelled as I walked out of the front door.

Alright babe, keep in touch.

Grayson sent of image in my head of him winking. This whole talking in each other's mind thing still amazed me honestly.

Always

I sent him a thought back, and then slipped my ear buds in my ear. I sped down the street at a steady pace, the cool evening air filling and exiting my lungs. As I made my way out of the neighborhood, I took a turn and sped down into the woods. The light was slowly fading, but with my wolf eyes, I could see clearly in the dark.

As I'm running, my wolf begins to go on edge, I have no idea why; these woods are like home to me. Someone is watching us, my wolf tells me. I slow my pace and look around, squinting my eyes to see who is following me. But I don't see anyone, so I continue on my jog.

Grayson's POV

"Ethan your ass is grass" I said as my and him sat on the couch playing call of duty.

"Bet" he challenged me back.

"Bet" I said back.

I found him camped out in one of the houses so I came up from behind him and shot him in the literal ass.

"God dammit!" Ethan said in frustration as he threw the controller on the couch cushion.

I laughed at him, but stopped when I sensed the worry that came off of Elena.

"Um here Jen you play for me" I said as I handed her my controller.

"Alright now I know I'm gonna lose" Ethan groaned and flipped back on the couch.

"It's okay buddy" Jen said as she sat down next to him and patted his stomach, Ethan just rolled his eyes playfully at her.

Hey are you okay?

I decided to shoot Elena a thought.

Yeah baby I'm good

You know I can tell when your lying right Luna...

Well I just feel like some one is following me, but I looked and there is no one.

Maybe its the forest creatures?

I let out a small laugh to myself, that sounded like something in a fairy tale.

No the animals run from me... I'm a big bad wolf remember?

I smiled at her, now it sounds like the three little pigs.

Wait I think I see something over there

Elena opened her mind so I could see through her eyes, cool right? She walked slowly towards these bushes that had just rustled. I felt her heart beat rising, so I imaging I was rubbing the small of her back, and I felt her relax. As she got closer to the bush, I could see something in it, but the image was faded as because it wasn't being looked at directly from my eyes.

Elena please be careful.

Can you see what that is Grayson?

No baby I cant tell, use caution.

She walked right up the bush, and I heard her count to 3 in her mind, and swung the bushes back.

It was only a fox, and once it saw her, it ran into the woods. We both let out a laugh, it was just a little fox.

Oh my gosh Grayson I was all paranoid for nothing.

I was about to say something when she let out a scream and I felt her whole body go limp after a second, then she was gone from my mind.

ELENA WHAT HAPPENED

But she didn't answer, my mind was empty, she must be unconscious. I ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Grayson? Grayson! What's wrong?" Ethan said as he stood up frantically.

"Its Elena! One second she was there and the next second she was gone. AGHH!" I was about to throw my fist into the wall, but Ethan caught my fist and looked at me.

"You have to calm down Grayson!" He yelled at me.

I took a deep breath, he was right. I didn't even realize that I had my claws out, and I knew my eyes were burning blue.

"Ethan... its Elena, she's my baby" I felt my body sag.

"Grayson, we will find her, once she is awake, we will try and figure out where she is Yeah?" Ethan asked me.

I nodded in response. I sat down on the couch and closed my eyes, I focused completely on Elena's mind, it was as if she was sleeping, so her head was rambling. Images rolled through her head as she dreamed. I saw many of me, some of Jen, and even a couple of Ethan. But then I saw her nightmares. She was laying in bed with Nash and Nate towered over her, they were attempted to rape her. Another dream rolled past, it was me laying on the first floor, covered in blood, she was desperately trying to stop me from bleeding, but nothing seemed to help, and Nate stood towering over her, laughing psychotically with my blood dripping from his claws. I felt my heart clench as more and more nightmares rolled through. Another dream came across my mind, and it seemed like a good one. Me and her were laying on a blanket that was draped over the sand, waves crashed and the sun was setting, it was beautiful. A little boy was running around around us, chasing the sea gulls, her mind told me that this was her brother Eric. I kept watching the dream, it was so peaceful. I stood up from the sand and began running and playing with Eric, and Elena followed in. But all of the sudden me and Eric's figures began fading away. Elena screamed to try and grab us, but we were gone. She fell to the ground with her face in her hands, and soon the beach scene faded away to black. She laid on the ground with black surrounding her and cried. This dream never faded, it stayed there.

I finally had to pull from her mind. I felt tears running down my cheeks, but these were Elena's emotions. I felt so helpless, Elena was unconscious somewhere, having a never ending nightmare, and I can't do anything about it.

+

So guys sorry about not updating in forever, I have had like major writers block, but I need to thank my girl Daddy0dolan  for helping me get an idea of what I am gonna do for this book. Check out her boos!! They are amazing!! Alright ily babes

- Mel🌱