39

Elena's POV

"Elena!" I heard Gray call my name from the living room. We were currently in the cabin in the woods that we created for the new wolves.

I strolled out of the office area I was in and I walked into the kitchen to see a small girl sitting on the counter of the kitchen. But I gasped for she was covered in blood, and her eyes were glowing.

"Grayson did she-"

"No she didn't kill anyone, that is her blood, I found her in the woods, the beast bit her" Grayson growled out.

"Oh no-" I covered my hand over my mouth and rushed over to her. "What's your name honey?" I asked her in the nicest voice I could gather.

"My name is Rebecca Jones" she said with a little swing to her adorable voice.

"Hi Rebecca, why don't we go to the bathroom and get you washed up" I smiled at her. She nodded and and hopped off the counter, grabbing my hand.

Grayson gave me a smile and I knew that he had me specifically take care of her for some reason, I don't know why yet.

I led her to the bathroom and she skipped along side me, completely oblivious to the fact that she is covered in her own blood.

I brought her into the master bedroom bathroom and turned the tub on.

I began getting her dirty clothes off of her and she kept staring at me, making me slightly uncomfortable.

"Are you gonna be my new mommy?" She suddenly asked. What do I tell her?  Where are her parents?

"Where is your other mommy?" I asked her.

"She died, so did daddy" oh no.

"When did this happen?" I asked her using my softest voice.

"The big scary monster, he- he-"

"It's okay shh- shhh-" I coed to her.

"My mommy and daddy died too" I said as I stroked her hair.

"Did the big monster get them too?" She asked me.

"It was a different monster that destroyed them" I spoke solemnly.

"So will you be my new mommy?" She asked me again.

"Oh course Rebecca" I smiled at her, and her eyes lit up.

I put her in the bathtub and washed all of the blood off of her. I then filled the tub with bubbles and all you could hear was her little giggles non-stop. I found out everything I could about her; she was 5, born and raised here in Oregon, she has no other living relatives, she hates naps, loves cupcakes, and enjoys bubble baths.

She had blue eyes that reminded me of Jen, her hair was a light brown. She had freckles dusting her cheeks and her tiny nose. She was an adorable little girl.

I finally told her it's time to get out of the bath and she listened, her parents did a good job with her.

I realized that I had no clothes for her except for her undies, so I found one of Grayson's shirts and put it on her.

I slipped it over her head and the hem of the shirt has piled at her feet, it was huge on her.

"Mommy this is to big!" She giggled at me.

"Let's make it a dress" I wiggle my eyebrows at her.

I got a hair tie from the bathroom sink and ties the shirt a couple inches off of the ground.

"Ooh can we show daddy!"

"Oh course" I giggled at her, she was to cute.

She grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the bathroom to find Grayson.

We went into the living room and there was about 5 wolves in there, but none of them Gray. Rebecca huffed as she couldn't find him.

I decided to do a little test on her.

"Rebecca?"

"Yes mommy?"

"Here smell this bracelet" I had on a leather cuff and it was Grayson's so I knew she would recognize him.

"Oo it smells like daddy!" She get excited.

"Your right! Now close your eyes and take a deep breath and tell me if she can find him by his smell" I told her.

"Okay" she closed her eyes and did as I told her and when she opened them, her blue eyes were glowing.

Gotchya.

I wanted to see if she would be able to access her wolf like we can, even though she is so young.

"Oh I found him!" She took off running and I tried my best to follow her with my pregnant belly.

I Soon lost her, but I could hear her in the office and I heard a deep chuckle that I recognized oh-so-well.

"Daddy! Daddy! Mommy made me a dress!" She did a little cat walk by his desk and Grayson had a huge smile on his face.

I stood smiling in the doorway, I loved how Grayson was with kids, that was his huge soft spot. He stood up from his desk and swooped her up in the air, spinning her around she let out a sequel of joy.

"Hey that's my dress!" He joked with her as he set her down.

"No daddy it won't fit you!" She said with a hand on her hip.

She looked and acted like Jen, oh boy.

"You better run before I take it!" He teased her, and her little werewolf powers kicked in and she took off into the house.

"IMMA get you!" He yelled into the hallway, I could her giggle as she ran.

He walked up to me and had a huge smile on his face as he took my face in his hands.

"I can't do this babe" I sighed.

"You already are" he sighed back, I could see I was stressing him out.

"She is so perfect, I don't want to ruin her" I looked down ashamed.

"How could you ruin her?" Grayson brought my eyes back to his.

"Grayson she has been raised so well already, her parents are gone and I don't want to ruin how well they have done. I just can't do this Grayson, I can't do any of this." I felt my eyes water and I didn't want to cry, not right now.

"Elena-"

"No Grayson, just- just give me a minute" I walked out of his office and walked of out the house into the cool forest air. I put up the block in my mind so I could have my thoughts to myself for right now.

I don't deserve Grayson at all. He is to amazing, I'm going to ruin him. Just like Rebecca, all of them. Where ever I go, trouble follows me. I love Grayson and the others to much to let them get hurt.

I have to change things, I have to make myself disappear. I wish I could have made them never meet me, then things would still be perfect for them.

I'm going to change the past.