17

It had been 1 week since the horrific event with Nash. I haven't been the same since then, I'm always jumpy, and I keep seeing his face in my dreams. I haven't gone home to Jen's yet because I have to sleep with Grayson every night. He is the only on who can calm me down when I wake up from a bad dream. When I mean calm me down, I don't mean to stop me from crying. When I wake up from the dreams, I have my eyes glowing and canines and claws out and I'm thrashing around, its honestly quite frightening.

Grayson was laying next to me, it was 6am and I still haven't fallen asleep. I could hear his steady breathing, his heart pumping evenly. His face was relaxed, but would twitch every so often. I ran a finger down his jawline, and he leaned into my touch on instinct. I smiled at him even though he couldn't see me. My thumb ran across his soft cheek and I stared at him for a moment. How could some one like me get so lucky to have someone like him? His dark brown hair, his eyes that went from hazel to green, then to blue when he was a wolf. He is goofy and caring, yet he knows how to kick ass. He was tall and muscular. I don't know what he saw in me, but I'm glad he did see something, I just don't know what that is.

I was lost in my thoughts when his eyes fluttered open. It was seven o'clock now, I had zoned out for a while. When he saw me looking at him he grinned.

"Morning beautiful" his voice was raspy from just waking up.

"Morning yourself" I replied. My voice cracked and was scratchy from no sleep, and Grayson noticed this.

"Did you get any sleep" he said in concern.

"Yeah" I lied.

He raised his eye brows at me since he knew I was lying.

"You know your heart rate picks up when you lie right" he said with a small hint of frustration.

Shit I forgot about the whole werewolf hearing thing.

"Elena you have to sleep! You are gonna lose your mind if you keep this up!" He said, his voice raised just slightly.

"Im fine" I said flatly.

"No you are not fine" he sat upright and tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

"Grayson I can't help it" I say sitting up next to him.

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration, despite the situation, I couldn't help but notice the way his arms flexed when he did that.  He had his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands. I hated seeing him like this so I wrapped my arms around him, he had on no shirt so I know the skin contact would help calm him down. He sighed and pulled me into his lap, I laid small kisses on his neck and he sighed.

"I'm gonna go wake up Ethan" I say as I stood up.

"Okay" Grayson says with a sigh.

I walked out of his room and across the hallways into Ethan's room. He had a stuffed animal tucked under his head and he honestly looked adorable. But I'll never tell Grayson that. I have no idea where he got the stuffed animal from but I knew Jen would love to see this, so I pulled out my phone and snapped a pic.