part 2

My feet smashed what felt like every stick on the ground as I ran. The cool mountain air did nothing to calm my panicking nerves.

Elena please-

I cut off his thoughts with a slam, putting up the block to keep him out of my head. The forest around me felt still as I ran, I don't know where I was going, I just needed to escape. I began to tire, so I stopped. The exhaustion hit me like a truck and I fell to my knees.

Sobs crawled up my throats and I held my face in my hands.

What was I going to do?

I cant be a mother.

I never had one, so how could I be a good mother to my child if I know nothing about parenting?

I laid down on the cool dirt and curled up into a small ball. I whimpered quietly as I began to cry more. This poor child is cursed with a mother like me.

I needed Grayson right now, so why am I pushing him away?

I let down my wall and Grayson's worry washed over me like a tidal wave.

Luna?

Come find me... I need you.

I knew he could easily find me by my scent. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down before I could face him. I put the block back up so my worry wouldn't encase his mind. I haven't even told him yet. I had gotten a pregnancy test the minute I could and I just took it in the bathroom. When it read positive, I just ran, leaving Grayson wondering what's going on.

I began to shiver and I realized the sun was beginning to set. Orange, red, pink and purple splashed across the sky and I took a deep breath, the view began to calm my nerves.

My thoughts were interrupted by a small voice behind me.

"Elena?" I haven't even heard him come up behind me.

"Grayson I-I need to t-tell you something" I began to stutter as I tried to hold back my tears.

"Elena you can tell me anything, you know this" he sat down on the dirt next to me and looked at the beautiful light show on the sky.

"You have to promise you won't leave me" I said to him, my eyes pleaded for him to stay.

"okay one, I am never going to leave you and two, you forget that we are bonded baby" he let out a chuckle to try and help lighten the mood.

I nodded and looked down at my hands. They were small and fat, but Grayson thought they were adorable. I don't know how I am going to tell him this. Even after all we have been through, my past always seems to sneak up and destroy my new life.

"Grayson, I- I'm..."

I couldn't do it.

"Grayson I'm scared to lose you again, I'm afraid of something separating us again." I didn't completely lie, all of this was true. I just told him a different truth.

"Elena, I almost lost you too. We will never lose each other again. I promise." He snaked a arm around my waist and pulled me into his lap. I kept fumbling with my hands and was looking down at them.

"You cant promise something like that Gray, we could lose each other again" I sighed.

"Elena no matter what happens to us, you know that I will always be with you, and don't forget, what ever happens to you happens to me" he rubbed small circles on my back, he knows that calms me down.

He was referring to the bond that tied our souls together, if one of us dies, so does the other.

"Elena, Luna, I know you are holding back on me, baby please tell me what's going on" he used his finger to lift my face up to him, I met his eyes and my emotions came crashing down on me. The love that shone from his brown eyes.

"Grayson..." I took a deep breath "I'm pregnant!" I spit those words out and it felt as if the forest froze.

I looked at Grayson, his face was frozen as he began processing what I had told him, which I was beginning to regret telling him.

"Gray?" I asked quietly, I broke him out of his thoughts and his face morphed into the biggest and most happy smile I have ever seen.

"ELENA YOUR PREGNANT!" He picked me up bridle style and began spinning me around as he let out whoops of joy.

Happiness filled my whole body and I began yelled with him. He set me down and we jumped around for a moment before I ran out of breath. Grayson kneeled down in front of me and set a gentle hand on my stomach.

"We're having a baby Elena" he looked up at me and then back down at my stomach "your going to be my little child" he laid a feather light kiss on my stomach and my heart clenched at this amazing man in front of me.

He slowly stood back up and cupped my face so I was looking at him.

"I love you so much, and I am going to love this child just as much. This little soul was created with love and I will always protect you both" he laid a kiss on my lips and I put down my block wall, our emotions rolled into each other's minds and we were both suddenly breathless.

"You are amazing" I sighed.

"No, we are amazing" he corrected me.

Everything is gonna be okay.

+

IM BACK YALL gotta a lotttt coming for you in part two so get readyyyy

Remember to vote and comment!!

Shout out to Daddy0dolan  for helping me through all of the writers block I get lol. Ily!

- Mel🌱