29

Grayson's POV

Something is wrong. Something is very wrong. I can feel it in the pack bonds. I stop running and close my eyes. The thing with being an alpha is that when you have a big pack, the stronger you are. My body felt like it was weakening slightly and I was getting mad that I didn't know what was going on. I kept sprinting through the woods when I heard a groan that sounded oddly familiar.

Elena?

I froze and used my wolf sight to see into the dark. I listened hard and heard another groan coming from my right. I sprinted in that direction to see a small body laying on the ground.

I dropped to my knees in front of my frail, delicate Elena. It took my brain a minute to process that she was right in front of me.

"Elena?" I asked quietly.

Her eyes shot to mine and they started glowing the minute she saw me.

"Grayson?" She asked.

I nodded my head before scooping her up in my arms. I stuck my head into her neck and took a deep breath, taking in her scent so that I know it is her. I missed her so much and my brain is still processing that she is here with me. I heard her start crying and honestly, I started crying too.

But this seemed too easy.

"Where are the others?" Elena asked me, looking at at me with her beautiful glowing eyes.

"I don't know baby, we had to split up." I laid a small kiss on her forehead. She was an amazing alpha female, always worried about her pack.

I got a good look at her body, she was in her exercise clothes that she got taken in, but she had lost a lot of weight. She shivered and laid her head against my chest. I sat Indian style and pulled her into my lap.

Everything is gonna be okay.

I was holding her when I spotted a note on the ground. Not again.

I picked it up hesitantly and read the scrawny handwriting.

What the actual fuck.

I looked at Elena, she had read the notes as well and worry had filled her eyes.

"Grayson what's going on?" She had concern laced in her words.

"We need to find them." I said, Elena nodded and stood up, she was slightly shaky from not using her legs for a while, but once we began running, she got the hang of it.