1

Monday, 7:18am

-

"Boys, have you thought about what you want to be for Halloween?" Liam asked, sitting with his kids at the table while Harry cooked their breakfast.

Halloween was this Friday, and Liam always loved seeing the boys dress up and taking them trick or treating.

He loved doing everything with them.

"I wanna be Spiderman." Louis said, playing with the fork he was holding.

"That sounds cool. How about you?" Liam smiled at Niall, who was sitting next to him.

"A fairy." Niall said after taking his fingers out of his mouth.

He was convinced that he had loose teeth just like his big brother Louis, but he really didn't.

"A fairy? Fairies are for girls." Louis laughed.

"No, in Tinker Bell there's boy fairies!" Niall argued.

"You want to be one of the boy fairies like from Tinker Bell?" Liam asked, frowning a little.

Niall shook his head. "I wanna be Tinker Bell papa." 

"Niall," Liam began, trying to figure out how to handle this.

"Liam." Harry said in a warning tone, giving him a look.

Niall stared at his papa, kicking his feet. "Can I be Tinker Bell, papa?"

"You...wanna wear the dress and little shoes and everything?" Liam asked.

"And the wings. I like her wings." Niall nodded.

Louis giggled, stopping as Harry rested a hand on his shoulder and gave him a look as well.

"Um, we'll see." Liam said, looking at Harry.

Call him old fashioned, but Liam wasn't exactly comfortable with his son wearing a dress, fairy wings, and sparkly flats.

Harry, on the other hand, planned on smacking a bit of sense into his husband tonight after the kids were in bed.

"What about you, Zee?" Liam asked Zayn, who was sitting at the end of the table like usual.

He always said he didn't like sitting next to anyone.

"I don't wanna be anything." He mumbled, coloring whatever he was drawing.

"What do you mean? Remember last year? You made a very good Robin to Louis' Batman." Liam said.

"I don't like trick or treating." Zayn said, resting his elbow on the table and his head against his hand.

"Why not? It's Halloween, a holiday that revolves around candy. Trick or treating is us getting free candy, and loads of it. That's like the best thing ever." Louis said.

Zayn put his crayon down, glaring at his older brother with big dark eyes.

"Halloween isn't about candy." He said.

"What's it about then?" Louis asked skeptically.

"Death." Zayn replied.

Louis frowned. "It is not. Quit being creepy."

Zayn's eyes got that sparkle as he continued to stare. "Creepy?"

"Papa make him stop staring at me like that." Louis commanded, glancing at Zayn.

"You come over here and make me." Zayn said quietly, and calmly.

"Wouldn't want to hurt you." Louis sneered.