5

Saturday, 11:42pm

-

For hours Zayn fought to stay awake, waiting until he was sure his daddies had gone to bed.

Then he left his bedroom and snuck downstairs.

He padded across the floor quietly, making his way to the garage.

Zayn used an old box as a stool, climbing up onto his papa's work table and getting the container of pushpins.

After he got down, he silently made his way back upstairs, and sneaking into Louis' bedroom.

Zayn pulled Louis' nightlight out of the wall and tossed it aside, opening the container of pushpins and walking over to his bed.

He stood at the foot of Louis' bed for a while, watching him sleep before he pulled the covers back, exposing Louis' legs and feet.

Zayn bit his lip, taking one of the pushpins and pushing it into Louis' thigh as hard as he could.

It went in, but Louis woke with a loud scream.

Zayn put the container down, rushing over and covering Louis' mouth.

"If you wake daddy and papa I'll hurt you even more." Zayn threatened.

"What'd you do?" Louis cried, pushing his younger brother away and sitting up to investigate.

"Don't tell on me anymore. Understand?" Zayn asked, glaring at him in what moonlight his window let in.

"Get it out it hurts!" Louis squeaked, panicking.

"Shhh!" Zayn hissed, smacking his arm.

"I'll take it out if you promise not to tell anymore." Zayn said.

Louis swallowed, glaring at Zayn now.

"I'll just take it out m-myself. Or maybe papa can."

"Don't tell." Zayn warned.

"Move." Louis said, trying to get out of bed.

Zayn shoved him back down, rushing over and grabbing another pin.

"Don't." Zayn said, showing him the pin.

Tears streamed down Louis' face, and he reached down to his thigh.

"I won't." He said shakily, slowly pulling the pin out.

He whimpered, the sight of the blood making him feel dizzy.

"What happened to your leg?" Zayn asked, staring at Louis.

"I f-fell." Louis hiccuped.

"Good." Zayn said.

"If you tell I'll do it again." Zayn told him, taking the bloody pin and putting it back in with the rest.

"I need a b-bandaid." Louis sniffed, feeling shaky.

"Whatever. But don't forget." Zayn said before he left the room with the pins.

Louis got up and followed him, watching him go back into his bedroom.

He stood there for a while in pain, debating on whether he should tell or not.

He then quietly went down the hallway, looking behind him before he hurried downstairs.

Louis walked down the next hallway to his daddies bedroom, knocking softly on the door.

He didn't get an answer, but he swore he heard a noise from down the hallway.