8.0

Harry stood frozen while Zayn hugged him, his whole body feeling numb.

A wave of various emotions hit him all at the same time, and all Harry could do was start crying.

In that moment he knew that Zayn was responsible for the murders.

In that same moment Harry's heart ached because he hadn't seen his son in so long, and now after all this tragedy here he was, in his arms.

But he was the reason the tragedies occurred in the first place.

Harry lifted his weak arms and hugged Zayn back, feeling like he was going to pass out.

Zayn was crying now too, holding onto Harry like his life depended on it.

Which, after all he'd done, it kind of did.

They two stood there like that for ages, until Harry finally regained some strength.

"Zayn let go so I can close the door." He said shakily, moving his arms.

Zayn reluctantly let go, stepping inside and out of the way.

Harry kept his back to him, slowly pushing the door closed and sniffing.

"I forgive you." Zayn said, his words like a smack in the face.

Harry immediately turned and looked at him. "Excuse me?"

"I don't blame you for what happened, daddy. I know it was Liam's idea to put me away. It was all his fault. I know you didn't want me to be locked away in that horrible place." Zayn said, wiping his tears away.

Harry took a deep breath, trying to think.

"I'm sorry that you're hurt by what happened." Zayn added quietly.

"I'm here now daddy. It can be just us, I'll make you feel better." He said, approaching Harry.

"Hurt by what happened? You mean hurt by what you did." Harry corrected him.

"What do you mean?" Zayn frowned.

Harry just stared at him, not sure how to feel besides angry.

"I just want to make you feel better. I want to love you, and I want you to love me. I want it to be just us, forever daddy." Zayn said.

Harry swallowed. "Zayn you...." He trailed off, shaking.

"It's okay, I'm here." Zayn insisted, trying to hug him again.

Harry backed away, glaring at him now. "You killed them, and you know you did."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Zayn said calmly. "Killed who?"

"You murdered Liam, Louis, and Niall! You murdered my husband and my children!" Harry yelled at him.

Zayn shook his head, a look of shock spreading over his face. "They-They're dead?"

Harry was shaking now. "Zayn stop it." He warned.

"Stop what? What do you mean they're dead? H-How can they be dead I loved them all so much." Zayn said, fighting back a smile now.

Harry just stared at him.

"I didn't kill anyone." Zayn said, a serious expression on his face now.

"Yes you did! You broke me, Zayn. Do you realize that? You destroyed my whole life and broke my heart!"

"You've destroyed everything!"

Zayn swallowed back tears. "I didn't mean to. I j-just wanted you to love me."

"Zayn," Harry began with a sigh.

"I've always loved you. But I also loved Liam, Louis, and Niall. Why after so many years can you not get that through your head?" Harry asked sharply.

"Because I love you like you're the only person in the world. You're everything to me. For as far back as I can remember you've always been like a sanctuary to me. You saved me from falling off of my bike, from growing up in foster care. I love you so much for that. I see you as my everything, but you see me as one of many. It's you who doesn't understand, not me." Zayn said.

"I never wanted to hurt you daddy but I had to get rid of them. I had to be the only one. Now you can see me as everything too, because I'm all that's left."

"Please don't cry." Zayn said softly as Harry broke down again.

He walked over and hugged him tightly.

"I love you daddy. It's going to be okay."

That only made Harry cry harder.

"Can we go to bed and you hold me like you used to? I'll hold you back even tighter I promise." Zayn said into his shoulder.

"I....I need a shower." Harry said, realizing that was probably the only way he was going to get some privacy to think properly.

"After that will you hold me? I've missed you so much." Zayn said sadly.

"Y-Yeah, I'll hold you just like before. It's just been a long emotional day and a shower would make me feel better." Harry said, feeling like he was reading a script.

One written just seconds ago in his head.

"Yeah, a shower would be nice." Zayn sighed, letting him go.

"You know what, you go take one first. Use as much hot water as you want. I know you like your water really hot. I don't mind waiting." Harry said, forcing himself to act calm.

"Okay. Where's the bathroom?" Zayn asked as if he didn't know.

"There's one upstairs to the right or down that hall at the end." Harry told him.

"Okay. When I'm done can I wear some of your pajamas?" Zayn asked.

Harry nodded.

"I'm finally big enough to really dress like you." Zayn smiled fondly before he turned and walked off.

Harry exhaled, feeling like he was going to vomit.

He swallowed, rushing over and picking up the phone.

He'd dialed 91 before something made him pause.

"No, no." He said to himself, hanging up.

He sat down on the couch, taking a deep breath.

"Think." He hissed, grabbing handfuls of his curls as he hung his head.

He knew he needed to call the police.

But he was afraid.

So afraid and confused.

Zayn was his son, he could still see that sweet baby he and Liam adopted even after everything.

Part of Harry didn't want to turn Zayn in.

However, the other part was disgusted.

Angry, and absolutely disgusted by all of this.

He wanted Zayn behind bars for what he'd done.

Zayn was selfish and psychotic.

He didn't deserve to be here, out free.

Zayn deserved to be in prison for life if not the death penalty.

But he was Harry's son.

Harry was in enough pain, he couldn't live with himself knowing he turned Zayn in and had him killed.

What was he supposed to do?

xxxxxxxxxx
A/N: I was going back through this story reading all the nice comments and I felt awful for not having updated in so long. It's not much but at least it's something :/
- Z