Chapter 20

Just a warning this might be triggering to some of you as it talks of self harm.

Thanks and merry Christmas xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth's POV

I sat on my bed cuddled up with Edward, feeling a bit blue due to the loss of our baby. I cannot help but think it is my fault if I had of been more careful my baby would still be safe. "Babe" Edward whispered as he gently shook me. "I am going to go hunting with the family are you gonna come?" He asked me. I shook my head no and looked at him. He smiled at me, I could see the pain in his eyes and he nodded at me turning and walking to the door. "I will have Alice keep an eye on you just in case of any other problems." I nodded getting up and giving him a kiss on the lips. I gave him a forced small smile as he left. I heard the door go and the house go Silent. Finally I'm alone.

I walk into my bathroom and grab one of my razors smashing it on the floor and breaking it. I grabbed the blades and smiled slightly. I hadn't done this since before I met Edward, I ran my fingers up my arm going over each and every scar gripping the blade in my left hand I slashed into my forearm wincing at the pain but smiling at the blood as it leaks out. I did some all up my arm and switched to my right arm slashing it to match. Once I was satisfied I grabbed the bleach and some matchsticks and clean my cuts with some tissue cleaning the floor tiles and burning the blade. I wrapped the injuries in some gauze as tight as possible to prevent the smell of blood.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to grab some food but I wasn't hungry so I just walked back upstairs into my bedroom and collapsed onto the bed. I moaned in pain a bit as I moved my arms under the pillows and smiled slightly as I got comfy, eventually falling asleep.

Edwards POV

We walked into the house after hunting to smell the scent of bleach and I could smell a hint of Lizzie's blood there as well. Running upstairs I see her asleep on our bed I stop myself slightly as the blood gets stronger... I see gauze wrapped around her wrists and wince as I look at them seeing the blood seeping through... has she. No she wouldn't. Would she? "Rose can you come up here a minute please?" She was up here instantly and winced as she too saw what I saw. Flinching slightly she whimpered as Liz turned over showing us that both arms are in the same predicament. I gasped instantly knowing it's not because of an accident she did this to herself. She probably feels horrible and like she's killed our baby... oh dear I shouldn't have left her.