The Return (Stefan POV)

We were back in Mystic Falls. I had been a few years since we had left, but Elena and I were back. We had settled into the old Salvatore boarding house. I finally got to marry the love of my life, and I wasn't letting anything bad happen to her. Elena Gilbert was mine, all mine. And to think, I almost married Caroline Forbes. What a joke. After we settled in, all I wanted to do was throw my beautiful wife in bed and kiss every inch of her glorious body. Thats exactly what I did. "This is never going to get old. We have this entire house to ourselves, and forever." I said to Elena as I stroked her cheek. She smiled up at me and said "I love you Stefan Salvatore." Those words made me smile, and I said "I love you Elena Salvatore." She was a Salvatore now, and I was happy. I kissed her passionately, and then when my lips released from hers, she laughed, then kissed me again. We kissed. And kissed, and kissed. Before you knew it, we were in my bedroom naked. I was kissing her neck, and she was laying perfectly still. I kept smiling at her, she was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. After a while, Elena fell asleep in my arms as we cuddled each other. I kissed her forehead and fell asleep with her.

The next morning, I woke up to her beautiful face, a sign it wasn't all a dream. "Elena, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen." I whispered softly, not trying to wake her up. Then, I got out of bed, still naked. Oops. I quickly put on clothes, and rushed down into the kitchen, we may be vampires, but I still wanted to make Elena breakfast. Pancakes. I made her pancakes, which she obviously could smell, cuz she woke up and came down stairs. "Stefan, what is this?" She asked, with a big smile on her face. "Well, I heard the birds outside and decided to make them a nice breakfast." I said to Elena, in a sarcastic way. "Haha, very funny Stefan." She said coming up behind me to kiss me goodmorning. She stood behind me, her handson my waist, and kissed my cheek. "I thought it was hilarious!" I said to her, turning around to embrace her. She just smiled. I smiled back. I didn't want this to end, ever. And it never will, we may never be able to have children, but we had each other, which was close enough.

*Two Months Later*
"Elena?" I hollered as I made my way upstairs. I heard Elena in the bathroom, she was throwing up. "Elena, are you okay? Did you have bad animal blood?" I asked, worried. "I think so." She said. She didn't seem to sure. "Do you want me to get help?" Bonnie Bennett had her magic back, she could probably get Elena better. Maybe. "I'll be okay Stefan. I promise." She said, smiling as if she knew she would throw up again. I called Bonnie, after all we hadn't seen her for a while, a get together was definitely in need. "Hi. Bonnie, it's me Stefan. I was wondering if you wanted to come see your best friend. She's sick, but she is acting like she's okay. Could you come cheer her up?" There was a tiny hesitation, as if she didn't want to come. But then I heard her quiet voice. "Of course. Elena is my best friend, I'll be over soon Stefan." I felt her smile through the phone, and I smiled back at her. She hung up. "Elena, Bonnie is on her way." I hollered up to Elena. "What?! Bonnie is coming? This is great Stefan, I haven't seen her forever." Elena joyfully shouted back at me. I laughed at her reply that she hadn't seen Bonnie in forever. She saw Bonnie four months ago, at our wedding. But I guess girls have different versions of forever. I didn't really bother, Elena was happy and so I was happy.