A day with the young sister (Jamilla POV)

I woke Alyssa up at about eight thirty in the morning by jumping on her bed. "Wake up little sister! We have some shopping to do!" I shouted, while she moved her head underneath the blankets. "Go away." she groaned. "Nope. You and I are going prom dress shopping." I said, pulling the blankets off her. This motivated her to get up. "I'm giving you ten minutes to get dressed, or I am calling Tyler Lockwood and telling him you want to bang him." I said to her. "Oh my god. I don't want to bang him, what the hell. I'll be ready in six minutes." Alyssa said, pushing me out the door, and closing it. I always know just the right thing to get her motivated. I had to get the keys from mom and dad, this shouldn't be too hard, if I simply tell them I am going shopping with Alyssa. I made my way to their room. Of course, I always interrupt them at the wrong time. When I walked in, dad was on top of mom, kissing her forehead. "Good morning." He said to her, clearly unaware I was standing at the doorway. "Eh hem. No further please." I said, because dad had started making his way in other places. They both looked up, shocked. "Oh, we didn't see you there Jamilla." Mom said, embarrassed. "Yeah, no shit." I said, chuckling. "First of all, watch your language. Second, why are you here at eight thirty two in the morning?" Dad said, he looked pretty pissed. "Hey if I knew you and mom were doing disgusting stuff, I would have come back later. Can I take the car to go shopping with Alyssa?" I asked, giving my dad the "puppy dog face." Dad and mom gave each other a quick stare and nodded in an agreement. I admit, I loved their communication. They could look at each other, and know exactly what each other was thinking. I love them. "Yeah. Go ahead, and take your time." Dad said, glancing at mom and smiling. "Eww, to much information, dad." I said, making my way out of their bedroom. I heard them both laugh. I rolled my eyes, good thing it wasn't in front of them, I probably would be dead right now. I got up to Alyssa's room. I was about to knock as she opened up the door right up. "Done! Let's go sis!" She said, strutting out of the house. "Bye mom. Bye dad. I love you!" She screamed as we walked out. They said something, but I couldn't really hear what it was, not that I cared. When we got into the car, Alyssa turned the radio on. I have learned from past experiences not to change the radio station when she is in the car. I didn't mind what she listened to. Her music choice wasn't too bad. Her singing however, that was beautiful. Her voice was rather nice, I liked to hear her sing more than the singers themselves. I would turn up the music, if I knew the song, and we would sing together. Before I knew it, we were at the dress shop. The good one, not Bianca's. We got in, and the look on Alyssa's face made me assume she hadn't been here before. This place was two floors of dresses. All colors, sizes, and shapes. We split up, and I made my way to my size. I found this purple dress and tried it on. The dress made me look fat, so I took it off as quick as I could and looked again. I found this beautiful red dress. It was mostly plain, but with the right accessorizing, I could make it work. The dress was perfect, it showed my curves, and the color looked absolutely amazing on me. I felt like a queen. I decided it was the right one for me, and I went to look for Alyssa. I saw her come out with this purple dress on. It was long, and flowy at the bottom. It looked perfect on her. She stood in the mirror for a few seconds, and frowned. "Alyssa, are you getting this dress? It looked absolutely perfect on you." I said to her, in a hopeful way. I noticed that she smiled, which was something she rarely does. "You think it looks good on me?" She asked, standing in front of the mirror, smiling and posing. "No, I think it looks beautiful on you. I think you should get that dress and if mom was here, she'd agree." I told her, watching as she smiled. She turned around to look at me. "Thanks sis." She said, reaching in for a hug. I let her hug me. She hadn't been this happy for a while, so it was good to see her smiling. We paid for the dresses then walked out of the shop. The car ride home was quiet, just the music was playing, I occasionally sang some of the words, hoping Alyssa would join in, but she didn't.

When we got home, Alyssa got out of the car, and grabbed her dress. I knew she was going to run inside and into her room as quick as she could. If mom or dad asked to see her dress, she'd keep walking. The last time mom or dad told her she looked beautiful, she ended up crying, smearing all her makeup. I think she needs to be told that more often, mom tries to talk to her, but Alyssa is always gone, or in her room. She refuses the company. My dad says she is a lot like Uncle Damon, she doesn't let people in, she doesn't show people she cares. I watched her run into the house and close the door. I got out and grabbed my dress and went inside. "Mom. Dad. Do you want to see my dress?" I shouted, as I got in. My mom and dad came flashing into the room I was in. "Of course we do. Go put it on!" My mom said, hugging me. Dad smiled. I went upstairs into my room and changed as quickly as I could. I came down the stairs, walking as if I were the queen or something. They both turned and watched me come down. Their beautiful vampire faces were glowing from the hint of sunlight coming from the window. Mom and dad had the biggest smiles on their face. They were proud, I know they were. When I got down the stairs, they hugged me. "You look absolutely beautiful Jamilla." Mom said, releasing from the hug. "My babies are growing up." Dad said, with tears appearing in his eyes. "Aww, Daddy. I love you." I said, giving him a second hug. "I love you too." He said, holding the hug a few seconds longer than the first hug. When he released, they looked up stairs. "Did Alyssa get a dress too?" Mom asked. "Yes she did. It is purple, and flows at the bottom. She looked absolutely breath taking in it." I said, watching my parents smile. I know that they wanted to see her in the dress, but she was being her stubborn self. I went up into my room, Kol was calling. "Hello." I said, shyly. "How is my beautiful girlfriend doing today." He asked, I could picture the smile on his face. "We still going to prom tomorrow night, or did you find someone more handsome to take you?" He asked, in a joking way. "Kol Mikaelson. You realize you are the most handsome guy I have ever seen right? I am going to prom with you tomorrow, nobody else." I said. Just saying that made me smile. I was so happy to be with him, he made me feel more beautiful than I felt before I knew him. While thinking this, something hit me. If Kol could make me feel confident and beautiful, someone could make my sister feel that way too. I needed to find out who this lucky guy was going to be. "I was just checking up on you, love. I'll see you tomorrow." He said, with his confident voice. "See yah tomorrow." I replied. He hung up. I smiled. I love him. I then got back to thinking about Alyssa. As far as I knew, a lot of guys wanted to date her, she just rejected all of them. I then remembered back to Rebekah and Matt's wedding. I smiled. "Tyler Lockwood." I said, soft enough that only I could hear. I know she likes him, and I know she wants to bang him. She can deny it, but when they were dancing, I saw it in her eyes. She likes him. I decided to call one of my friends, who called one of Tyler's friends, who called Tyler. I wanted to know if he was going to be at the prom tomorrow night. My friend told me he was. This was my chance to be match maker Jamilla. I smiled. "This is gonna be fun!" I said to myself.