Sorry, not sorry.

Rose:

I woke up that morning with the sun shining through my window. It was beautiful weather, and I was ready for it. I had been going to Bonnie's every weekend for about three months, I had geared up to do this spell. The only question I had, that Bonnie refused to answer, was what the spell did. She kept assuring me it wouldn't harm a single person, but I couldn't trust her if she wouldn't tell me. I felt alone now, because dad got engaged to Rachel, who turned out to be a bitch. I hope some how he realizes she's after his money, because I don't want this, no pun intended, witch, to be my mother.
My mother..I kept repeating that word to myself. I never met her. In fact, dad doesn't even remember her, and he has excellent memory. He told me that she most likely died, and he probably shut off the part of her his brain knew. But, mother or not, Rachel isn't fit. She's like, twenty-four. That isn't right, she was eleven when I was born. I don't want her being my mother.
I was at Bonnie and Enzo's so I decided to get up and ask, hopefully for the final time, what the spell was for. I made my way into the living room, where they were both drinking coffee and reading. "Bonnie?" I said, getting scared the instant they both looked up at me. "I won't do this spell, unless you tell me this instant what it does." Bonnie looked to Enzo, curiosity filled my little head. They were talking through eye contact, and I couldn't understand what they were saying. Finally, the silence broke, and she turned her head back to me. "Your mother. She put a spell on your dad, your grandparents, and Jamilla, who is your aunt. This spell brings her back, because she gave her life up for Carol, your grandma. You can't tell anyone, because 1) you're doing the spell tonight, and 2) they won't believe you." My mouth was wide open, I was shocked at what she had just told me. "You knew my mother?" I said, addressing both of them now. Enzo smiled at me, "We did. You look just like her, and you have her stubbornness, her bravery, and her magic." Her magic. I let that thought dwell for a few moments. "Explain why she left me?" I asked. They did it again, talked using their eyes. Enzo looked at me, and he got up and left. I figured this was stressing him out.

I sat in the chair, facing toward Bonnie. "Your mother wanted your dad to see his mother again. She made a spell, allowing your fanily to forget her, so that they didn't have to waste time mourning her or waiting for her return. Your mother was born to be a powerful witch, so she made you even more powerful. You, obviously know, you're a vampire, a witch, and a human. You're her key to unlocking the spell. She said Carol had until she was ninety to live, after that, she would pass on, and your mother would return. However, your mother didn't actually want Carol to live that long, which is why you're a witch. She wants you to bring her back, before Carol dies. It took me forever to put this puzzle together, but she wouldn't come back after Carol died, she would remain dead as well. Your dad would remember her perfectly, along with everyone else, but they wouldn't be able to do anything. That's why we need to do this tonight. She doesn't want to come back, she had something that made her want to leave us, and so she put this plan together, hoping I would listen and bring her back after Carol died, only to realize she wouldn't come back." Bonnie just said a lot of gibberish, and I blanked out through most of it, but, if this is true, I want to bring her back.

"What was her weakness?" I asked, hoping Bonnie knew. "I need you to stay here one more night, Rosalie." Bonnie said, as her voice trembled with fear. "Your mother's fear, she sensed it several years back, when you were so small. Before she had you, she burnt a house down, a lady named Katherine Pierce was inside. Katherine is not good, and she knew that moment Katherine died, she'd be back. And she is, she is inside Rachel. Rachel, you can't trust her. She'll try to kill you, because you're the only one who can kill her, other than your mother." My body had filled itself with fear. I knew something was off the moment she started being way too nice to me. I knew what I had to do, and when. "I'll do whatever I need to." I said, agreeing with Bonnie. She nodded and left the room, probably to tell Enzo something. I didn't mind, I just sat in the room alone, looking at all the beautiful paintings they had hanging on the walls.