Coming back.

Alyssa:

When I ran away from the fight between Caroline and Jamilla, I fell. I had hit my head, and scratched open my knee. This is what I get for going into the woods. I was down for a while, but that was okay, they'd stop fighting, right? I was letting my cut bleed, because I didn't have any bandages with me. I had gotten up, and slowly began to walk, when Jamilla appeared in front of me. She wasn't coming to check on me, she was coming to kill me. In that moment, I thought I would die. I never got to do all the things I wanted to do, I thought about my life, or at least as much of it I could, before her teeth sunk into me. I screamed, very loud. She didn't release herself, and I knew I would die, in this moment. I felt light headed and very tired. My eyes tried to keep open, but my mind was saying, just close them, you'll sleep and never wake up. As I let my eyes shut, saying goodbye to the beautiful world, I felt her sharp teeth release from my skin. Was my life ending? Or was she letting go? I didn't know. I had passed out.

I woke up, lying on a couch. I knew this couch, I couldn't think where, but I recognized its comfortable cushioning. I wasn't awake, and my eyes were closed, but I could sense people in the room with me. I didn't hurt anymore, so I got curious, and moved my hand to my neck. I felt nothing. Someone found me, and Jamilla. Someone healed me, and someone has Jamilla. I sat up very anxiously, "Jamilla?" I shouted, then opening my eyes to the familiar room. Tyler ran to me. "Oh my God." He said, just hugging me, "I am so glad you're okay, we were worried." I looked at Tyler, confused on who "we" was. My parents came into the room. My question was answered. I looked down at the floor, I was in huge trouble. "Alyssa, you could've died." Was all my mother said, while hugging me. Dad didn't say anything, he didn't want to argue in front of Tyler. "Where is Jamilla?" I asked. "How could you ask that? She nearly killed you." My mother said, as if the name Jamilla now disgusted her. "She's my sister, mom. I don't care if she almost killed me." I said, getting off Tyler's couch. I walked over to Tyler, and kissed him. He hugged me, and didn't let go. "Tyler found you in the woods, and your dad vervained Jamilla. She's locked at home, in the basement. She won't get you until her humanity is on." Mom said, then looking down at the ground, as if something bad had happened. I really didn't care that Jamilla's humanity was off, I just wanted to see her. They acted like this was all her fault, but it was mine. If we hadn't went into the woods, she would be humanity Jamilla. "Please, just let me see if she is okay." I said to my dad. "No. That is the last time I will tell you, you're going to stay here with Tyler, and you are not going to leave. Do you understand me?" I made my dad mad at me, which rarely ever happened, but I wasn't going to back down yet. "No. I am going to see Jamilla." I demanded, approaching toward the door. Mom and dad both flashed in front of it, and Tyler stood behind me. Mom took my arms, and dad looked my in the eyes. "You will stay here with Tyler. You will not leave this house, you will forget about Jamilla until we get her humanity back. You will be happy, and safe here, with Tyler." He said, compelling me. Then, before I could blink, mom and dad flashed out of Tyler's house, and I started my boring life.

Stefan:

I compelled her, I had too. It was the only way to keep her alive and safe. Elena and I were home, with Jamilla now, thinking of ways to flip her switch.

"Well, she can't have it too bad, she only turned it off to kill Caroline." I said to Elena, who still seemed upset when someone brought up that name. "We should have told her, that Caroline is dead. Stefan, she needs to know that." Elena said, holding her tears in. "She will, not yet though, if she knows Caroline is dead, she'll wonder who killed her, and she could figure out it was Jamilla." I said, comforting Elena. Speaking of Jamilla got me worrying. "I'll go check on her now." I said, leaving the room. I got down to the basement, where Jamilla was locked up, Elena was behind me. "Jamilla." I said, in a angry tone. She looked up at me, her weak body shook. "Daddy?" She said. I opened the door, and then Elena and I walked in. I sat down on a chair, and Elena sat on my lap. "Jamilla, are you aware that you almost killed your sister?" Elena asked, almost crying. "So what, it'd be better if she were dead anyway, then you wouldn't have to worry." Jamilla responded, which zero emotion on her face. Elena began to cry now, and she looked at me. I wiped her tears from her eyes, and stood up. "Dammit Jamilla. What the hell were you thinking, turning it off in the first place? That's pretty stupid." I said, yelling at her. She still showed no emotion. "So what." She said, smirking. I wanted to slap her so hard right now, but she's humanity free, she wouldn't care. "Please, understand that this isn't how you should be. You need your humanity, you need to be the thing that makes you, you." Elena said, still not giving up. "Mother, go away." Jamilla said, with not a care in the world. Elena left, crying on her way out. "You know, when you get your emotions back, you're going to feel the pain you brought your mother." I said, before closing the door, and walking out. I made my way into our bedroom, Elena was on our bed crying. "Elena, she doesn't have her humanity right now, she's going to be alright." Elena looked up at me, and frowned. "Stefan, this isn't her fault. I always said I would be the mother I never had, and look at me. I barely talk to my children, this is my fault, all of it." I felt bad for Elena, it wasn't just her fault, it was mine too. We had spent so much time with the girls when they were younger, but we stopped, and we shouldn't have. Jamilla will be with us forever, but..eventually Alyssa would be gone. Thinking of my own daughter dying, broke me, and I started to cry too.

Jamilla escaped the next morning. We aren't sure how, but she was out, and this called for an emergency. Elena called Kol, explaining that Jamilla out, he told her he had a plan. "You need to call your witchy friend, and get your dear Alyssa, this is the only way we can fix Jamilla." He said on the phone. Elena agreed, and within a flash, she went to get Alyssa. I decided to chill here, because Elena had probably already called Bonnie too. I sat in my chair, and I had myself a nice cold drink of bourbon. I didn't have much relaxation time, because Elena popped in the house, with Alyssa, still compelled, and very confused. Kol appeared two short seconds later, Bonnie followed. "Okay people, I need the witch to come with me for two minutes, everyone else hang tight." Kol said, taking Bonnie into another room.

Kol:

"Alright witch, I need you to put a spell on this ring, that will bring whomever wears it, back to life. Think you can do that?" I asked Bonnie. She looked at me, and said "It's Elena's children, I can do it." I smiled, "Excellent Bonnie, get on with it though, we have little time." I watched as she said some magic bogus, and held the ring in her hand. A short minute later, she was done. "Here, this should work." Bonnie said, handing me the ring. I flashed into the room the other three were in, and placed the ring on Alyssa. "Come with me Stefan and Elena, we have a girl to find." I said, as we all flashed out the door.

Jamilla:

I was free. Someone opened the door, and I got out. I had to find food, so I could get enough protein to run far from here, everyone was already looking for me, I was sure of it. I made my way into town, stopping at several different places. I fed on each worker, and then healed them, that way if anyone came looking for me, they wouldn't know a thing. Finally, after I felt strong enough, I headed back into the woods, it was getting rather dark outside, they'd be getting closer to me anytime now. I stayed very alert in the woods, but I forgot for a moment, that they had been vampires longer than me. When I stopped, mom, dad, Kol, and Alyssa, all stood in front of me. "Jamilla, darling." Kol said to me, trying something. "Kol?" I said, almost turning it all back on. I stopped myself. "Jamilla, please, don't make me do this." Kol said, as he placed his hands around Alyssa's neck. "Oh, please do, actually, if you don't I will." I said back to Kol, knowing that Alyssa now had no choice to live. I heard him release a sigh, and turn to Mom and Dad. Both of them looked back to Kol, and nodded. Whatever they had planned, was probably involving me being vervained again. "Don't vervain me, I swear, I'll rip all your heads off." I said, furious. Kol looked me right in the eyes before saying, "Alright listen love, you can turn your humanity off, or I'll kill your sister, and your parents, and then you." I knew he was lying, he had promised to protect them, so he wouldn't hurt them, or me. "You're lying Kol, you promised to protect my sister, so you won't actually kill her." I said, smirking at Kol. His eyebrows furrowed, and he got very angry. In two quick flashes he snapped Alyssa's small, precious neck. My sister fell to the ground, right in front of me. I felt a part of my heart break into several pieces. He did it, he killed my sister. I instantly ran to her, crying so bad, I began shaking. "Oh my God, no. No. No. NO!" I shouted, placing Alyssa in my arms. "How could you do this?" I asked Kol, giving him a death glare. "It worked love, didn't it? Your emotions are back on." He said, then squatting beside Alyssa and Me. "But she's dead." I said, crying even harder. This was all my fault, every part of it. "No, love she isn't." Kol said, taking Alyssa's hand, and showing me a ring. "What?" I said, confused, now staring at the ring. "Your witchy aunt, made this ring. It will bring her back to life, as the human she was before I snapped her neck. She agreed on every part of the plan." Kol said, watching as I felt relief. But that relief turned back to more tears, as I looked up and saw my parents. "Oh my God." I said, flashing to my mother. "Mom, Dad, I am SO sorry." I placed my head into their shoulders, and I cried. They cried with me, until we realized Alyssa was still dead, on the cold ground. Tyler came out of the woods, and looked at my dad. "I'll get her home, if you want." He said, picking up Alyssa. "No, bring her to your house, we'll come when she wakes up." Dad said, trying not to cry. I knew in that moment, my parents hated what they were, but they still loved Alyssa, and me, so much. I hugged Kol, and he gave me the most amazing kiss anyone had ever gotten from anyone. I went home that night, but could not sleep. Alyssa's room was empty, and the house was quiet. I decided to stay up and read for a little while. I went downstairs, sat in my dads chair, and began to read. Before I knew it, I was sound asleep.