The surprise

*It's going to be a few years since everything happened. About 10 years. Bonnie became a vampire a few months after Alyssa had left, Stefan and Elena moved out of Mystic Falls a year later, not too far though, they still wanted to visit their "only daughter", Jamilla and Kol have adopted a beautiful little girl, Cecila, she is a couple months older than Rosalie, but who's counting. Rosalie is now 13, going on 14 in a few months. As for Tyler, he raises his daughter with the help from his happy mother, Carol. Tyler doesn't really remember how he got her, he just knows Rosalie is his, and he loves her.*

Present day, Mystic Falls:

Jamilla:

I woke up extra early to make Kol and Cecila a special breakfast. We had made plans to go to the park, just like we do each day. Only, today was going to be special. Kol and I have been talking for months now, and we decided, Cecila deserves to get what she has been asking for, a puppy. We are vampires, sure, but, that doesn't mean my daughter has to suffer. Cecila isn't a vampire, so we want her to live a normal life, and her life is so normal, she sometimes forgets her parents are monsters. So today, after the park, we will stop at the pet store, and pick out a puppy.

"Mother." Her sweet voice said. "What smells so good?" Cecila asked, as she entered the kitchen. I grinned at her. "Good morning sweetie." I replied. Cecila rolled her eyes. "I'm not five anymore, I'm fourteen." She responded. I laughed. Kol walked into the kitchen, shirtless. "Babe. You doing some cooking in here?" He joked, before giving me a soft kiss. His curious hands made their way to my butt, giving me a gentle squeeze. I giggled. Cecila coughed, a fake cough of course, trying to remind us that she was in the room. "I made pancakes, and French toast, and eggs." I said gleefully. Kol winked an eye at me, then looked at all the food. "Love, are you feeding an entire shelter?" He joked, as he grabbed two plates, handing one to Cecila. "Good morning to my sweet beautiful young daughter." Cecila rolled her eyes as she took the plate and loaded it with food. Kol looked at her with amusement on his face. "What is it Kol?" I asked. He looked at me, and frowned a bit. "Nothing, she just reminded me of someone who loved to eat food." I looked at Cecila, who was stuffing her face. "Well, what did she look like?" I asked Kol. "She, she had vibrant green eyes, and long brown hair. Her smile made the sun light up, her laugh made other people laugh, and she wasn't afraid to do what she thought was best." He responded. I wondered who he was talking about. He hadn't brought up women of his past before, this was definitely a first. "What happened to her?" I asked, not wanting to  really actually know if they dated. "She, she gave up her life for people she loved." He said, with a smile coming on his face, "she was a lot like you." I smiled. "Well, I'm sure she was lovely. Let's eat!" We all sat down at the table, and began to eat the big pile of food.

"Cecila," Kol started making conversation, "We have a surprise for you today, after we go to the park." Her face lit up, but then turned back into the usual scowl. "Do we seriously have to go to the park? That's for kids." She asked. "Well, I suppose we can just go get your surprise, if that's what you'd like." He said, looking toward me. "We can do that," I responded. "But only after we finish all this food." Cecila looked at the plate of food, that had two pancakes left. "Oh that's easy." She said, laughing. She grabbed the two pancakes, and swallowed them in less than ten seconds. "There!" She said, as she finished chewing.

We were hurrying into the car, because Cecila wanted her surprise. "Come on, hurry it up!" She hollered out the car window. I turned to Kol, who was standing beside me. "Ready?" I asked him, as I opened the door. "I am." He responded, smiling at me. I got in the passenger seat, and Kol started up the car. "You buckled up?" Kol asked to me, and Cecila. We both nodded yes, and he back out of the driveway, and onto the road. I grabbed his hand, and he looked at me, quickly, without losing focus on the road. "I love you, Kol." I said. He smiled at me, and slowed the car down. "I love you more, Jamilla." He said, as he lifted up our linked hands, and gave mine a kiss. I smiled at him, and he flashed me a tiny wink.

"So, where exactly are we going?" Cecila asked, after a long quiet pause. "Well, we're going to be there in like, five seconds." Kol responded, as he pulled into a parking spot in front of the pet store. Cecila's eyes grew large, like a puppies eyes would do when they wanted food. "Oh. My. Gosh!" She screamed, as she got out of the car. "Am I finally getting a puppy?" She asked, jumping up and down. Kol and I smiled, and shook out heads yes. She ran into the pet store, and we followed slowly behind.

Cecila ran over to the big bolded sign that read, Puppies , and got quickly overjoyed. "Oh my gosh. I want this one." She said, as a little brown puppy licked her shoe. She picked the puppy up, and smiled. "Do you want to come home with me, little-" She paused. "Mom, is this a boy or girl?" She whispered. Kol and I laughed. A dark haired lady walked out, "It's a girl." She said, smiling at Cecila. "And you can have her for 75." She said, eyeing Kol and eye. We shrugged our shoulders, "Are you sure she's the one you want, Cecila?" Kol asked, reaching for his wallet. "I'm sure!" She said. Kol laughed, and handed the woman one hundred dollars. "We'll get a collar, some food, and a dish, if you don't mind." The lady smiled, and nodded her head no. "Go right ahead." She said, laughing as Cecila ran to find a collar. We followed her down an aisle filled with a kinds of dog supplies, she picked up a pink collar, "I want this one for her!" She said, as she put the puppy on the floor, and began to put the collar on. Kol grabbed a bag of puppy food, and I grabbed the dishes, as we left the store. "Thanks miss!" Cecila hollered as we left the store. We got inside the car, and Kol immediately turned his head to the back, "Cecila, don't let her pee in my car." Cecila nodded. "She won't dad. I promise." Kol smiled, and pulled out of the parking space. "I've never seen her this happy before." He said, smiling at me as we drove home.

We got home, and Cecila brought the puppy right into her room. "Kol," I said, smiling. "We made our daughter happy." Kol grabbed me, and pulled me in close to him. "We sure did darling." He smiled, and we shared a long passionate kiss.