The Plan

Alyssa:

I knew what I had to do, but part of me knew I could find a way out of this. When Bonnie gave me her powers, part of me didn't want to accept them, but I did. I accepted the powers so that I could defend my family, from evil. Now, I am even more powerful, which is how I prevented myself from death, for now. I had a plan, and if it all worked out right, my family would be safe, and Klaus wouldn't harm them, ever.

I was lying in bed. Just me. Tyler was already awake, taking care of Rosalie. Rosalie was currently unaware of just how powerful she was going to be, but she'll know soon. I have plans, that nobody can know about, because these plans involve something my family wouldn't want. I don't care though, I'll do whatever I can to keep them safe. I was called to do this job, and I will accomplish it, even if I have to die. I heard Rosalie start to cry, and so that was my call to go help Tyler.

Rosalie is now three, and I am going to bring Caroline back. See, a when Rosalie was born, Klaus and I made a deal. He wouldn't hurt Tyler or Rosalie, if I brought Caroline back before she turned four. Her birthday is in a week. I have a week. I knew the plan, I just needed to keep it to myself for a little while longer. This will work, I am sure of it.

I walked into the kitchen, and saw Rosalie sitting in her high chair, throwing peas at Tyler. I couldn't help but laugh. "Tyler, she hates peas." I said, grabbing the bowl of peas from the tray. I threw the peas away, watching as Tyler grabbed a cloth and wiped off his face. I then got apple sauce from the refrigerator, and poured it into a bowl. Tyler looked at me, and faked a smile. "I guess I am not ready to be a father." He said, not joking around. I was hurt at what Tyler said, and you'll understand why, soon. I hope. "Tyler, you need to be ready. You need to promise me that you will never, ever, let anything bad happen to Rosalie. Ever." I said, giving the apple sauce to Rosalie. Tyler and I made eye contact for a short period of time, and I had tears in my eyes. "I promise." He whispered, before hugging me. I cried, tears that nobody else, not even Jamilla, has ever seen. We stood in the quiet kitchen, I was hugging him, and I wasn't prepared to let go.

As the day moved on, I thought more about the plan. Tyler brought Rosalie to the park, so I was alone. Which was good. I started to walk around the house, sadly. I came across an old photo, Tyler and his parents. My eyes watered. I wished so badly, I could give him what he deserves. I saw another photo, he was with my mom, dad, Matt, Bonnie..and Caroline. They were wearing graduation gowns. I smiled. I realized, Caroline wasn't always a bad person. She loved my dad, and was hurt when he went back to mom. Whatever it was, I suddenly felt bad. Caroline deserved to have her life back, and I was willing to give her it back. I made my way through the house, saying my good bye, because I was the plan. In order for me to bring Caroline back, without using dark magic, I needed to do a life swap. I was going to use my life as the sacrifice. As I looked at the other family photos, I remembered how much Tyler loved his mom. I could bring her back too. I wasn't going to take an innocent human's life however, I was going to use a punishable person.

I texted Tyler that I was going to be out late, and I left the house. I was going to the prison nearby. I would get a prisoner sentenced for life, and use their life to bring Carol Lockwood back. Actually, I would use that person to bring Caroline back. Carol could have my life, I'd much rather her than Caroline. It was settled then, I just needed a prisoner, which wouldn't be tough to get.

I made my way into the prison, and compelled the guards to give me one of the men who was sentenced for life. "Why is he here?" I asked, curious to know his story.

"He killed his wife and three children." The prison guard asked, some how adding a humorous tone to his voice. I rolled my eyes, and grabbed the guy.

"What are you going to do?" The prisoner asked. We were driving down the road now. "I am going to kill you, and bring someone else back." I replied. "You're kidding, right?" He asked, chuckling. I stared right up at him through the little mirror in the car. "Nope." I said, then turned on the radio to tune his voice. I got to the location I was doing the spell at, obviously not my house, because Tyler and Rosalie are there. It was an abandoned house, Klaus gave me the address.

When I got there, Klaus was waiting. I sighed. "Well, now you're going to die for sure." I said to the prisoner. Klaus flashed his way to the car, and grabbed the prisoner. "Quite a smart girl, getting a man who deserves death." He said, laughing. "Where do you want him." I pointed to the tree, "you can just tie him to the tree." I said. The tree was old, and ugly. I didn't think it minded. "Here's my mother's spell book. Don't mess this up." Klaus said. I gave him my look, the look that told him I wasn't afraid of him. "I won't." I replied. He backed away, enough to give me space, but not enough to make sure I don't flee. I opened the spell book. I got carried away, there were so many different spells. "Do you have Caroline's body?" I asked Klaus. His face tightened. "Her body? Love you never mentioned her body." Klaus said. I rolled my eyes. "I said it in the text I sent you. How else is this going to work." I replied back, now impatient. Klaus smirked at me, "Wait here a moment." He said. Before I could object, he was gone. I looked at the book some more, and found the spell. Klaus appeared, with Caroline's body. He set her calmly on the ground. "I'm going to need some of this freaks blood, if you don't mind." I said, nudging toward the prisoner. Klaus's eyes turned red, and his fangs popped out of his skinny mouth. He flew himself over to the prisoner, and bit his neck.

The man began to scream, and Klaus filled a spoon, because that is all I needed, up with his blood. "Keep him alive, or this won't work." Klaus nodded, and gave me a thumbs up, after giving me the spoon. He then walked over to the prisoner and shoved his wrist to the guys mouth. I didn't pay attention to what else Klaus did, I got what I needed. I opened the book flat onto the ground, and go onto my knees. I placed the spoon, with the prisoners blood, on Caroline's chest area, in the approximate area her heart would be. I then began to start the spell, and I knew it was working, because I heard the man behind me begin to die. "Keep going, he's almost dead." Klaus said, as I continued to mumble the spell. When I finished, the man was dead. Caroline's body still was unconscious however, and I was starting to worry. "Why isn't she-" Klaus began to ask, but was interrupted by Caroline's body movement. Caroline sat up, and noticed me. "You, you brought me back?" She asked. "I did. Please use your second life wisely." I said. She smiled, and came in for a hug. "I will. I am so sorry for everything. I promise I won't hurt any of you." She said. The hug ended when Klaus cleared his throat. "Ahem." I felt Caroline's head look up to Klaus. Klaus and them had a long moment, while I took care of the dead prisoner. I assumed they had left, but they didn't. Of course, they let me take care of the body alone, but they stayed, and I was wondering why. I turned toward them, and Klaus appeared in front of me. "Thanks, love. I didn't want to have to kill your family." He said, before flashing off with his bitch.

"Great, now I'm alone." I said out loud. Klaus had left the spell book, and a note on the page that was open:

Thank you for bringing back Caroline. Consider this my payment?

Signed, Klaus.

I smiled, and began to look at the incredibly old book. I couldn't Klaus gave me the spell book! I quickly got into my car, and began to drive home.