Fast Forward To The Teenage Years (Jamilla POV)

*Jamilla and Alyssa are now 17 years old*
I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, groaning. I didn't want to do anything, but I had to. Today was moms friend Matthew Donovans wedding, I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid, because Rebekah has literally zero gal friends. I feel scared going to a party with werewolves, hybrids, vampires, and witches, but whatever. I had to go, it was the right thing to do. I could however, just pretend I'm sick and not go, but then Alyssa would be alone. I can't torture her in that way. I finally got off my ass, mainly because mom came in and told me too.
I put the dress on, and damn I looked good. I smiled as I admired myself in the mirror. Alyssa came into the room, wearing a dress similar to mine but a different color. "Damn, sis, you looking fine!" She said to me, admiring me in the mirror. I laughed. "I honestly don't know why we have to do this, we barely know this bitch, and she doesn't even have friends. Like eww." Alyssa said disgusted about the wedding. "There better be hot guys there, if there are hot guys, Jamilla, I am going." Alyssa said, in a serious way. She was obsessed with boys. Rebekah finally showed up, and we all watched as she got into her beautiful dress. I always wanted to get married, I dreamed of that day for the longest time. I'd have a March wedding, just like my parents. Alyssa would be my maid of honor, and she would look as hot as me. It'd be her day, just as well as mine.
When Rebekah got into her wedding dress, she looked beautiful. I admired her. Alyssa was getting her hair and make up done, she looked so pretty. I lost all self confidence in that moment. I felt like an idiot in this long ass dress, so I came up with a plan, but I needed Alyssa to be my partner in crime.
"Rebekah, do you suppose I could have a shorter dress?" I asked Rebekah, to see how bad this plan would hurt her. "Who the bloody hell do you think you are? You will wear the dress I picked, or I'll be sure to hurt you bad enough you won't be able to move." Rebekah angrily replied to me. Yeah, I just made my death sentence, cuz Alyssa and I were about to change our dress length, with a pair of scissors and a little bit of fashion skills, which Alyssa would help with, we would be just as hot as Rebekah.
I watched as Alyssa chopped, cropped and cut our dresses. She managed to take almost nothing off the dress, yet we looked hot. Finally some random lady, named Margaret came in the room, and told us it was time to get out there. Alyssa and I made eye contact, and with a big grin, we snuck out without Rebekah seeing us.
I'll admit, having all the attention on me, was scary. But I know they all thought I looked good, I mean come on. When I got close enough that mom and dad could see Alyssa and I, they had a disappointed look on their face. Mom knew we did something to our dresses, and she must have told dad. Great, now we have two death sentences. When we got up onto platform, the bride started coming. Rebekah saw our dresses, and managed to keep smiling, but at the same time give me her desth stare. I didn't care, I looked good. Her brother Kol and I had been exchanging looks the entire ceremony. He had his hair slicked back and a suit on. He really actually looked good. I saw some freak looking at my sister. It was Matts best friend, Tyler I think, I pointed him out to Alyssa, as a warning. But when she noticed him, she flipped him off. My sister clearly doesn't know how to flirt. I rolled my eyes, her loss. Finally, after what seemed like 1,000 years, the ceremony ended.
Alyssa and I rushed out and got dressed, so we could miss Rebekah's rath. Unfortunately, when we met up with mom and dad, they told us we had to go to the reception. It's like they wanted me and Alyssa dead. We got into the car and drove over to the reception. We had gotten there late enough to not be early, but earlier enough to get our seat before the crowd. Alyssa saw all the foodx and decided to help herself with just about everything. I couldn't help but join her, after all this was my last meal. Rebekah noticed us, and before we could run, she appeared there. "Well, if it isn't the bitches who ruined my wedding ceremony." She said, in a very hateful way. "Who, us?" Alyssa said, stuffing her face. I really wanted her to shut up, she wasn't making things better. "Yes you. Would you care to explain what the bloody hell you were doing? Actually, don't. I ought to rip your heads off." She said, coming closer. Her face turned red, and I saw her sharp teeth. I looked over at Alyssa, who had a doughnut half way into her mouth. "Now sister, that's no way to treat these young girls, they just wanted to be different. Why don't you go bother someone else." I recognized that voice, it was Kol. I only heard his voice one other time, when he was talking in the hallway with his brother Elijah after the ceremony had ended. Rebekah turned around viciously "Go to hell Kol!" She said, not loud enough for anyone else to hear. He smirked as he watched her walk away. He then turned around and looked at me. "I'm sorry for my sister, she doesn't like competing with pretty girls." He said to me. I saw him look at Alyssa, who was STILL eating. "No worries." I had said to him, then looking at Alyssa, I had said "This is my sister, Alyssa." He smiled at Alyssa, and she waved back. "Maybe you could give me a dance? Just one?" Kol said, looking at me still. Alyssa smiled, patted my shoulder and whispered to me "you have fun." Then she strolled off, to sit with mom and dad. "Sure, just one dance though." Before I knew it, I had danced with Kol for several hours, it was almost time to go. I skimmed the room, seeing my parents dancing. Mom had her head resting on dad, while they slow danced. I looked with my eyes, forAlyssa at the food table. She wasn't there, I kept searching and searching but I couldn't see her. Had Rebekah eaten her? I began to worry, then I noticed someone who looked similar to Alyssa, dancing with Tyler. When they turned around in the dance, I couldn't believe my eyes. Tyler was dancing with my sister, even after she flipped him off. I just smiled and gazed up at Kol. He just stared into my eyes. "You're truly a beauty, your sister too." He whispered. My mom and dad signaled me to come. "Well, thank you a lot Kol. But I have to go now. It was a pleasure to meet you." I said smiling. He sniled right back. "The pleasure was mine. Maybe I'll see you around?" He said in a forwarding way. We exchanged numbers, and I left. The car ride was silent, we all were tired. When dad pulled our car into the driveway and it came to a stop, we all got out, and went into the house. Nobody said a word, we all went to our rooms. I laid on my bed thinking of the amazing night I had. I thought of Kol. He was the sweetest man I had ever met, other than my father. I smiled, closing my eyes into a deep sleep. I was glad I met Kol.